Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Beautiful Day!

This morning was up and running. I went to get Art to take him to the casino in Yelm WA. I arrived early so we could get breakfast. He decided to wait till 10 am to get breakfast at the casino. That was fine with me. Wasn't hungry anyway.

We arrived early, about 8:30 am. I played on the casino money till it was time to meet Art. I was okay with that. Then I went through all the money he gave me to play...so today wasn't one of my better days. I could have used some extra money, but that's fine too. He came back with money - as usual. He said he couldn't figure out how I keep loosing. I can keep telling him, I'm not as lucky as he is. He tells me it's in the way I play. I'll work on it to see if I can get better.

On the way there and back, the sun was out. It was a beautiful day all around. I love the blue skies now as the sun goes down. Usually it's red or orange. Tonight it's a pretty blue.

A year ago today, the roses were starting to come to life.

A year ago today, Charlie followed me around while I took photos.

A year ago today, flowers were blooming.

Today, not so much. Charlie isn't around, blooms haven't happened yet because of the rain, and I haven't checked out the roses yet.

I need to figure out what I'm going to work on tonight. Chances are I'll finish up the basting on the "Cat Nap" quilt top. I would like to be able to get back to the quilt downstairs and finish up the center of that quilt.

I stopped in to see mom and she's already getting ready to quilt on her wall hanging. It's a Hawaiian quilt. This will be the third one for her this year. She's been quilting like mad. She wants me to come over next week and do some kits with the fabrics she has in the cabinets. I'm not sure what kind of kits she wants, but she wants me to help her out. I think I'll talk her into waiting till Patrick goes on his vacation next month. That way I don't have to worry about getting back home right away.

I'm hoping the rest of this week I'll be able to get back to what I've been trying to get done. Time will tell. There isn't a lot of time in one day at times.

So, did I do enough to keep me happy that today was a good day? Yea, I think I did. I helped an older man enjoy his day when he doesn't have a lot of days he really enjoys. I do miss playing cribbage with him, but now his daughter comes around more. Trade off isn't bad for him. I promised 1 day a month to take him to the casino. If today was my last day...would I be okay with that? Probably not, but in another way, yes. I would love to have more done, more to give to my children. More to give to Veterans. In my lifetime will I have done what I wanted?  Probably not, but I'm okay with my life. I've had worse days and I've had better days. Each day is a blessing and if I can keep the blessings going, I'm thrilled.

Life is good, and I'm Happy Quilting!

Spent The Afternoon Volunteering With Mom

This morning I was up and getting supper ready for the crock pot. I knew I wouldn't be home till after 5:30 pm and really didn't wan...