Saturday, February 27, 2016

Quilting Among Other Things

Today was different for me! I actually slept till 9:30 am - I haven't done that since I was a teenager!

I enjoyed some time playing games and working on the computer. Watching a John Wayne movie also.

In the afternoon I went downstairs and worked.


I basted down the flag pole end.


Pinned the body on the eagle because I basted it and accidentally cut the salvage as part of the body. I cut out another piece and pinned it from the other side. I'll baste it down later. I picked out a good white fabric for the head. It's coming along great.

Then I sat down for a couple hours and quilted.


Just a little farther to go and the center will be done! I've actually got the center part done, I just need to work on the border of the center and then will call it done. I'm thrilled!


I have this area done and now it's ready to roll. I worked on this side to get it to where I can roll it. When I was about there, Patrick wanted to go out to eat, so we did. I'll roll it tomorrow before we go bowling.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the next butterflies. I've been trying to keep them different, but after awhile I can't remember what the others look like. It is funny how I can't seem to figure out another design...I'm getting there.

I need to work on the Cat Nap and will do that tonight. I also need to finish the eagle but since Donna will be gone to retreat for about a week and a half, it can wait a little longer. Plus I really want to get back to the cross stitch.

Time goes by....at least I have been keeping a notebook on the newer projects. The butterfly doesn't have that going. I have a book on all the stuff I'm doing for the QOV as well as the newer quilt projects. I found a couple new patterns I have that I really want to get started, but I'm waiting....waiting...waiting. Hopefully time will come soon for me to work on it.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...