Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Day of Little Sleep...and Still Not Done.

Today started out at 3:00 am - remember time change was at 2:00 am to 3:00 am. We went to bed at about 9 pm, but I couldn't sleep very well. I probably got a total of about 3 hours in. We left at 3:20 am to get Patrick to the Portland OR airport. Dropped Patrick off at 4:30 am. Headed back home and was home by 6 a.m. Went back to bed and slept for about 2 1/2 hours. Got up, ate "lunch" and headed to the bowling alley to bowl my first three games. (We won't talk about that - was awful!)

Came home at 2:30 pm, enjoyed a couple hours to myself, and headed back out to the bowling alley. Finished up the last game of last week. Then bowled another three games. Took me till game #6 & 7 to get to my average. Oh, well.

So, I'm now with Me, Myself and I. Good thing they aren't have a conversation with each other because I'd really be in the loony bend! Patrick was off at 6 am with a 5 hour layover in Chicago before heading to Green Bay. He's going to surprise his mom for her Birthday. Bet the tears roll! He hasn't been with her for her Birthday since he was a teenager. He's due back in a couple days. So, that is where the "Me, myself and I" come in. Almost too quiet and as long as I don't answer myself, I'm good!

Last night I worked on the 2 fabric applique "Cat Nap." I'm happy to say I was able to get some time in on it tonight - hence the last posting of my blog. I finally FINISHED IT!! The applique is done, and I will be taking it to the quilt shop tomorrow. It will be on display for the class. I'm teaching two classes in April. One is day time and one is two night times. (The two nights is one class).


Patrick I don't think liked the colors. I told him I wanted colors that would work for Charlies coloring but this was the closest I could get. He thought I should have used the light for the top and dark in the back. Told him no, I didn't like that idea. Plus, this is "out of my comfort zone." I don't use these colors and I would normally do this color. I'm happy to say, I do like it but it's not one of my favorites. I like bolder colors. I wanted to show customers that these colors work just as good as the others. Some people may like this more than the bolder one I did last year anyway.

The good news is that I can get to the eagle applique and have that finished - HOPEFULLY this week. I seriously need to get it to Donna's and out of my "hair."

I am listed this as a finished project, because it's going to the shop as is. When it comes back, I will quilt it then.

The rain and wind are back. The Narrows Bridge in Tacoma was shut down today because of a truck being blown over - yes a Semi Truck! More wind is expected tonight and I don't care for wind. I don't mind thunder and lightening - actually love those - but hate winds.

OKAY, time to call it a night - have to be up early again tomorrow. Wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight......Happy Quilting!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...