Monday, March 14, 2016

A Good Day With Friends and Brazilian Embroidery!

This morning I woke at 7:30 am (after going to bed at 12;30 am), called Ruth, who told me to go back to bed - it was raining. I did and slept for another hour before getting up and running off to our meeting. As for the rain, it's been pouring all day with a few breaks. Not much wind, just a lot of rain, and then some.

I went to our Brazilian embroidery meeting. Don't know why I call it a meeting when we all get together to chat and work. We don't have "meeting" per say.


I am working on this pattern. I love the ease of it. I'm doing the leaves right now. They are really coming along great.


I worked on the leaves this time. The stem were done the last time we got together. We talked about Seminar in Portland in June. Bev is talking about going for the whole time. I'm thrilled to hear that. She was going to try and get her schedule out today or tomorrow. Tomorrow is the deadline for the "first choice" group. I got mine in last week, so I'm good. Just hoping I get the classes I asked for.


Basted the body down. I'm going to applique on this tonight. Wonder how long I'll work on it. I might get a few games in before I get moving on it. Patrick told me - if I have it done before he gets back and take it to Donna, he wants a picture. Told him that isn't going to be a problem.


Found this photo yesterday and about cried! I'm really miss Charlie while Patrick is gone. I think of her often.

I'm finding when I actually pick one thing to work on, it gets done a lot faster than when I try to do two or three things at once. Now that the wall hanging is done, I can get back to the eagle, cross stitch and Baltimore Liberty quilt tops. Oh, and don't forget the quilting.....baskets....and 9 patch stuff! UGH Not getting any closer to any of those, but oh, well...I will.

That's why it's called Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...