Friday, March 4, 2016

A Quilt Day At Mom's

Was up and walking 2.5 miles today. Then it was off to moms for quilting. I arrived at 9:20 am and everyone was already there. Poor dad, he was just getting his breakfast. We used to have the meeting at 10 am but everyone has been moving the time to 9:30 am.

Hildi had to leave early because her daughter was rushed to the hospital in Auburn WA. We had a full house. It was great. Bev and Hildi showed their new projects. Hildi is doing a cat quilt. It's really pretty. It was about that time that she had to leave.


I worked on the ears and part of the flower on the right side of the cat. It's coming along great. I was able to get a lot done. I need to do the other eye.

I got my quilt back from mom and my dishes that I had left behind awhile ago. I helped mom on the computer. Then when I came home, I realized I left my cell phone behind. It's in the computer room. Dad needed to call Patrick and I had to get his phone number. Dad asked Patrick to help move the "old" furniture to farm for my brother. We'll do that on Sunday. The "new" furniture is coming tomorrow. The "old" furniture is from 1972 when we lived in Germany. Not very comfortable. It sleeps good, but not good to sit in for a long time. At first none of us wanted the furniture, but then I guess my brother changed his mind. Too funny!

Grocery shopping is this weekend. Then we have to move the furniture and bowling on Sunday. One of those things. In and out this weekend - again. Not sure if I'll get any quilting in, but I can try.

I'm still working on my projects till I get a phone call from Katt. She asked if I could make a baby shopping cart pad. One of her friends is getting married and she wanted to get one for him. I told her I didn't know, I usually don't sew......ugh.....am I now getting to another project? His baby is due in June....not much time....ugh....think I would rather do a baby quilt then do that......I'll look it up and see if it's easy....doubt it....can hope!

Life is good, busy, and fun. Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...