Monday, March 21, 2016

Getting Set Up for the Next Project

This morning I went to pick up Ruth for walking. When I arrived she didn't look 100% herself and said she couldn't walk. Come to find out, her son, Jim, passed away this morning. He was fighting lung cancer. She did get to see him Saturday. She changed her mind while I was there and we took a short walk. 1.85 miles. We talked about all kinds of things. Got her mind off it and away from the phone. Told her if she needed to get away from the phone, she could bring her crocheting up to my place. One of her friends came over in the afternoon to be with her. I offered but she said she would be fine. She's a strong lady!

After getting home, I started laundry and I worked on the computer. In the afternoon I brought out the lightbox.


I copied the eagle pattern I just finished. The original is on freezer paper. As I was copying it, I realized I didn't have enough paper to do the whole thing. I cut the paper in half and marked it. Then I decided I needed to do another one on freezer paper to do the technique that Rebecca Campbell uses. I want to try it and see if it will make it a little easier. I want to do the wings first and then put them on the fabric.


Rebecca Campbell's book arrived today! I love the flowers that she used. I was thinking jut now that it will be a good pattern to give out to the group for my friendship blocks. I didn't have anything in mind when it came to the friendship blocks. I love this quilt! I'm going to find some bright background color and have them work on bright colors.


I ironed the pieces onto the fabric. This one is going to be dad's QOV quilt. I found fabrics I'm happy with. I will need some help from Donna as to what to do after this. I want to have the wording from a letter that Jeannie Austin used in her quilt. I think it's perfect. As for what else I will add, I don't know. I will think on that. I do a lot of applique but know I will have pieced blocks in there too.

I think tonight I will work on my cross stitch. It's be awhile since I have been working on that, and it looks lonely over there.

I bought a needle minder from Amazon and it wasn't what I expected. I think I'm going to return it. I don't care for it.

Other than that, I'm still Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...