Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Cleaning My Quilt Room - AGAIN!

Today I was able to get a little more time in to sleep. I'm getting used to being able to sleep till 8 am and it is nice! Trouble is I still have to go to the neighbors, so I try to go after 30 mins of relaxing.

I went over to Cherrill's and it seems like I'm always there for an hour. By the time I got back I found Kitty in the garage waiting for me.

I went downstairs and decided it was time to go through my drawers and get rid of stuff I'm not going to use any more.


I didn't get a photo before I started, but here's where I was when I thought to take a picture.


A heck of a lot of stuff!! I have one BIG mess. I decided to start with the drawers!


I had a pile on top of the counter. This was most of what I already had. There was a lot of stuff that I no longer use or want. So, I pulled out a box and added all the stuff I didn't want in it. I've got the box ready to go to the quilt shop tomorrow for our meeting. That way if anyone wants them, they can have them. I also kept a couple things for selling.


I found all these blocks that I've had for years. Some are the ones that I did in classes. Some are what I picked up and others are from friend. Two are from quilts that ended up with an extra block. Now, I'm going to put this photo on Instagram for a giveaway. Maybe someone can put them into a quilt. I'm not interested in doing it, and I do love the blocks, but they are just sitting in a drawer. It's time for someone to take them. If your not on Instagram and are interested in them, send me a message and I will add you to the list.


More photos of some blocks.


Close ups. Some are from the 70's so 2 of the blocks are blends.


Out of all the drawers on this side, I did not mess with this one! This is my scrap drawer. I need to go through them and cut them down into squares. I've got 2 zip lock bags full of squares that I cut. Those I will put on eBay next week to sell. I don't want them any more. I need to cut this stuff down as well and get this drawer down!


One can tell how deep this box is by the photo.


I also found a cross stitch pattern that I bought years ago! It was one for my son! I don't know if he still wants this one, and I'm not sure if I will do it, but I might!


I also found a TON of embroidery things that grandmother and great grandmother started. This is a table cloth. She had half of it done. I don't have the floss she used, so I'm going to have to find whatever will come close to this. I'll try and finish it later.


A close up. Most of the linen that they worked on has got stains,but these are 60 years worth of stains or more. I also found some linen that is antique white. I washed that because I can use it. The best part is, it's a good yard worth. I won't have to pay $23 for half a yard.


This is the other side.


This is one cross stitch I did back in 1985 when Phillip was born. This was for him. It needs to be framed. I added this to my finished projects that need to be framed.  ONE OF THESE DAYS....

After doing all that,


My counter was looking good. I still have the other side to do, and that will be done on the next day I have all day to myself. This is a BIG clean up job and it took a good 3 hours to get that much done.


I even cleaned out the one side of my cabinet. That's a good thing! Bottom shelf wasn't so lucky, so that will be next. lol

I then came up and sat with Kitty.


Who was waiting on me to come sit down. Love this photo!


Got to sit and work on my cross stitch.

Then it was time to go bowling. I bowled a 223, 161, 195. It felt good today. Lost it in the 2nd game. Oh, well, we won all 4 games. This is a new quarter, so we may end up in the top if we can keep going.


Dad wanted a copy of the scores, so I'm adding this as well.

Best wishes and Happy Quilting and Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...