Friday, March 10, 2017

Quilt Meeting Friday

Today I was up earlier than usual. Couldn't sleep much last night. Thought of a lot of things through the night.

"HayHay" is Kitty, or at least I'm trying to get her called that. We spent some time together before I headed out. I had a few things I wanted to do this morning. When I let her out, and got in the car, she was at the garage door looking at why it wasn't open. I went to open it for her but she wouldn't go in, so the door was shut while I was gone. She didn't like that. As soon as I got home, she came running.

I went to Safeway to get some cupcakes because my phone popped up that one of the members Birthday was today....she didn't show up. I then went to Staples to get some copies made for the Precious Moments cross stitch that I started years ago. The gal there wouldn't make copies for me because she wanted me to use the copy machines that where there. I told her I had gotten bigger copies before. She the took her card and I used it to make copies. I must have wasted just as many pages as I kept. UGH


So, now I'm all set. When I came home, I marked all the areas that I had already done. I didn't have as much done as I thought I did. That's okay, it should go fast once I get back to it. It is a big piece though.

Then I headed over to the folks. I arrived at their house at 9:20 am and there were already 4 people there! We used to start quilting at 10 am, but now everyone has to be "early" to moms. It's almost like a contest to see who can be there first. I hate it because I actually like to have time with my folks before they come. So, today wasn't one of those days.

I really didn't get much done. I did go through some old newspaper clippings of embroidery work. I brought 4 of them home. I'm going to design some embroidery pieces to do for the envelope bags. I want to do a couple of them for Sandy and Jeanette. I have till Seminar to get them done. I think I can do it. I just need to find the fabric down there that I want to do it on. I'll try to do that on Monday when we have our meeting. Then I can pick the colors I want for them. I will also have to figure out the stitches I will use. I'm actually excited about designing something like this.

Came home and baked another sourdough bread.


I also got back to working on Nantucket Rose. I'm hoping to have her done this weekend, but at this rate that may not happen. Patrick wants to go out and I was called back into work tomorrow. So, tomorrow afternoon Patrick will go to the movies and I'll go to work for Carol. Then Sunday is a day of bowling....ugh. This weekend is going to be really busy and not sure I want to be that busy.

So, while I sit her with HayHay on my lap, I'm going to get closer to getting Nantucket Rose done, and think about the envelope bags! Happy Quilting and Happy Stitching!!

While Waiting At The Service Station - Started Another Project!

Yep, that's what I said, started another project! This morning I was over to Cherrill's before 9 am. Then we went up to Olympia to...