Tuesday, April 3, 2012

More on my plate!

Today I'm thinking about working on the applique block for the quilt we are doing in the Haven't Missed A Stitch TAS group.



I modified the pattern last night, so the scarecrow doesn't look so out of shape. I have ideas for the colors, but need brown fabric that looks grassy. I'm working on finding that, then I can get started on appliqueing it together. The block isn't that big, so it shouldn't take long to do.

I also need to start working on the pieces a friend of mine asked me to work on.  She dropped off the box last Friday. It's not hard and she has a lot already done, but.....I hate piecing, so I'm going to have to talk myself into doing it. Once I sit down and work on it, it won't take long. At least I keep telling myself that.



As you can see, the blocks are pretty good size and not a lot of work. She has a good part of it already cut out (thank goodness), so I'll go from there. I probably won't start till Thursday.

In the mean time - Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...