Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Going in circles

This last week, I think I've been going in circles.

I worked on at least 3 different things in the last week. This week I've got a friend coming over today and then the next 2 days I'm in my 2 groups. Haven't Missed a Stitch meets at the Quilter's Junction, in Centralia, WA and Myron's Girls is a group that meets at my mothers. That group is closed.

Miss Charlie has been getting as close to, if not on top of my Hawaiian quilt when I work on it. She seems to think it's her quilt. But then, she was with us from the beginning of that quilt and would sit on it, lay on it, or just be close by when I was appliqueing the quilt top. If I so much as spread it out, to see what I have done, she's there - right in the middle.

Okay, so back to the last week. I went through all those boxes I posted on the Letters from the Past blog, with the exception of the last one. That box is full of nothing but current photos. When I mean current photos, I'm talking about the last 10-15 years. So, I took out the framed photos and left the envelopes with all the photos and negatives. I'm going to put off going through that box for awhile. May have hubby bring in another box of stuff for me to go through, so I can get this done.


I spend 2 full days, and part of another, to put some of the photos into a scrapbook for my kids. I did not even get close to finishing the 3 different photo albums I had started. One is of my father and his family, as well as my mother and her family. That one I haven't touched yet, but I do have photos that I did a while back. So, each album is about half finished. I mostly worked on one album for someone (secret).


While I was doing that, I was also working on the quilt. I finished the above area lsst night. I had my hubby help me open it up to see how far I got. The good news is I am very close to half way. I have the above area to finish - it is in 3 parts for quilting. This is the first section/part that needed quilting to get me half way.

Today is a day of cutting out patterns and trying to see if we can figure out how to work my serger (sp) that was given to me.

Speaking of that, I went to Billie's Designer Fabrics yesterday and spend the afternoon checking out the latest Viking machine - Ruby Deluxe. That machine is wonderful! I recommend it. The kicker is, it's $6,300. More that I have to spend on a sewing machine that does embroidery. I would love to have it, but not something I can afford. Plus, if I got it now, I would be adding unfinished projects to my already unfinished projects, and my goal for the time being is to finish 2 projects before I start another one. I'm getting there, but not fast enough.

With winter coming, I'm hoping to go downstairs, sit and quilt in front of the fireplace while watching TV. I just wish I had the DVR on down there. Then I could get a lot of shows  taped watched and quilting done. Right now the place is a big mess because of the photo boxes I've been going through. So, my table not only has quilting stuff - it has photos. UGH

I hope you all have a great day, and are getting quilting done faster than me (but then if I would stay away from the computer, I would get more done!).

In the meantime, hope all of us are Happy Quilting.......

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...