Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday morning

It's Friday morning and I've got quilting to go to. Or so I thought. Have you had one of those days, thinking you could get a good night sleep, and the next day would be better?! Guess not!

Yesterday while my husband was taking me to the doctors appointment, he received a call from his boss's boss. He was informed his boss was no longer working for Chehalis. Did you know that is like being told someone "died?" Seriously, you think, what the heck just happened, why now?, etc.

While at the doctors office, chatting with the doctor, I'm thinking "Great, a hot flash now?! come on!" Glasses fog up and I'm still chatting as if nothing happened. After a few minutes, I said, "wow, guess I'm going through a hot flash, my glasses haven't cleared up!" Give the doctor credit, he didn't say a word! As I wait for the information from the nurse on my visit, I noticed it wasn't my glasses that fogged up, it was my eye! I went out to Patrick and told him what was going on. He said to keep an "eye" on it and see what happens. after 45 mins it cleared up. Okay, that's good. But my eye felt weird.

We got home, and no Charlie, not unusual and no big deal.

I quilted and "sewed up" the hole.

This morning I woke up to a fog - yet again! So took my walk, called the eye doctors to see if I need to come in, and now have an appointment to see what the heck is going on.

Because I'm without a car, (yet again - if I had a car this would not be happening!) I had to call dad to come get me and take me to the doctors. UGH Now I told her, I won't have a car till after 10:30 this morning, and she said, the ONLY time she had available was 9:50, so I said, fine, get me in. NEVER FAILS, no car but need to be in today! ugh ugh ugh

Okay, now on a lighter side, I started working on another area of my quilt! I'm getting there!! I'm so excited about where I am with this!


I am now working on the side of of the quilt. This is the last "side" I need to do, then I have one more corner and the quilting will be done! I'm actually getting a little excited about this. The closer I get the more excited. Trouble is I may get to that last few stitches and stall again! It's been my "baby" for about 14 months and I'm not sure I'm ready to let it go! lol - meaning am I really ready to finish it. Time will tell. I'm getting a lot done, not as much done as I could get done on it, but it's getting there.

Okay, time to get moving and get ready to see what the eye doctor tells me - "Gee miss, your getting old, and that's what happens when you get old."  LOL - I'll let you know if that's what he says.

In the meantime wishing I was at the quilt group being Happy Quilting.......

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...