Friday, October 25, 2013

Quiet Week

This week has been pretty quiet compared to the last month. I do enjoy a quiet week. Not too much going on, and then again, not much going on with my crafts either.

I did do some quilting over the weekend, then come this week, I had to figure out what I was going to do with the baby afghan. I started a zig zag afghan, had about 6 rows done, and took it out. I didn't like the way it was looking.

So, I went on line and looked for another pattern.


I was able to get this much done last night.I like the way it looks, and it's really easy to do. I found this pattern at http://moderngracedesign.blogspot.ca/2012/09/baby-blanket-free-pattern.html - another blogspot blogger. I changed the colors from what "Modern Grace" had.

I found something interesting while cooking yesterday! I needed some mushrooms and when to get some out of the bag I had. When I pulled out a mushroom, I found a mushroom that was a double mushroom! First time I have ever seen that!



Weird looking mushroom!

Today was Myron's Girl's quilt meeting. We all sat and chatted. I worked on the the block for Connie in my Haven't Missed a Stitch group.


I don't care for the purple colors. The photo makes it look a little better, but it's dull. Connie wanted batiks and one has a really hard time finding batiks that are bright in purple. UGH

It's almost done, I need to finish the bottom petal.

This week, I went and got copies of Jeannie Austin's patterns that she let me borrow. I sent one quilt pattern to our newsletter editor for The Applique Society! We are going to run the quilt again in the newsletter. I'm excited about getting that quilt in the newsletter again! I've also been working on getting the blocks ready for the gals that said they wanted to help with the 2015 give a way quilt. We are waiting on P&B to see what kinds of fabric they will give us for the quilt. I'm really getting excited about this. I'm working with Jeannie Austin to get this done.

If you would like to get our newsletters - you can get them on our website - http://www.theappliquesociety.org/ We are working hard at getting the website updated. It's slowly getting there. TAS is well worth paying the $25 to be a member when you get applique patterns in your newsletters! Newsletters are every other month, so your getting 6 issues a year! I think it's a lot like the older Quilter's Newsletter magazines. - a little better! lol

Okay, now that I've said that, I need to get back to working on the baby afghan and hope to be done soon so I can be Happy Quilting.....again!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...