Friday, March 13, 2015

Able To Work On The Basket

Today was a good day. I was able to sleep in if I wanted to, but I was up early. Patrick went to work and I took an hour and just relaxed before heading to moms.

I arrived at mom and dads about 9:20 am to find three other cars already there. I couldn't believe it. We used to start at 10 am, but now I guess we start at 9 am. Before one knows it, it will be 8 am starting time. I don't know why mom doesn't say something about them being so early. Poor dad, he was eating breakfast when I arrived.

I was able to work on the basket block I worked on yesterday. I'm getting excited about getting it done.


The one problem I found was the purple flower. It "kinda" gets lost. One can't really see it's a flower. I'll do some embroidery on it to see if I can get it to look better. I noticed in the photo it shows up better than it does in real life. I have one more flower to put on it, and maybe another leaf. It will be a different kind of leave.


I decided to do the orange flower where the yellow one is on the other block. I should have them done soon, but moms asking about the afghan, so I better get moving on getting it done by this week.


I took the scrap bag that was given to me yesterday, to moms. I asked everyone to go through it and take what they wanted. Some did, but I wish they would have taken more.


So, when I got home, I went through all the fabrics. It took me 2 1/2 hrs to go through them. I throw out a lot, and I cut up the fabrics to scrap pieces. I had more 2" squares than anything. I also got a lot of 2 1/2" squares.


I had a few strips as well. I put them all away! I pulled out the browns that will be used on the baskets (state baskets).  I was thinking at the time I was going through all the scraps, how much a pain it was. Then I realized it was like mom, she can't throw anything away. So, if someone gives another scraps, they are asking for that last little bit of help they need. Got through the scraps, throw away what isn't needed, cut up or put the scraps that are needed in a place that will be useful. Since it was given to me, it's "out of sight out of mind" concept. They don't have to worry about the scraps because they don't have them any more. Me on the other hand, has the hard job of what is needed and what is just too small to even use. Amazing how much time it takes to go through a big bag of scraps.


And then there is the wonders of being watched to make sure I do it right. lol

After all that work, and after supper, I went through a coffee can of walnuts that were in the shell. That took me a while as well. I did get a really good amount of walnuts out of it. One of Patrick's workers brought a huge bag of walnuts to work. He brought home the can, and I shelled them. At least he cracked them before bring them home, otherwise I would we still at it.

Tomorrow is another day, and I'm hoping it will be another day of applique or crocheting. I do know we will be at the folks for supper. What the odds are that I will be getting much done is in question. Things are coming together, and I'm getting stuff done. I couldn't ask for more than that. May you be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...