Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Thinking Too Much - AGAIN!

Today started out great. Walked and came home. I started making my Scandinavian Almond Cake. It was awesome, and I still love making that cake! It's actually a kind of pound cake. I could eat both any day. We had a lot of almonds in the house, so got busy making it. It takes a good hour to cook, but when it's done, it's awesome!

I did go downstairs and quilt for two hours.


I did get this area ready for rolling again, but need to move to the middle and then the right side before I can roll it.


I have half this block done. This is block number 4 of 9.


I put up my UFO's to keep me on track. Still have a ways to go. I need to get back to working on the basket blocks.


I saw this upstairs and took it downstairs. It's a pattern/kit that mom brought back for me. It's a table matt for the table. I'm not quiet there yet to work on it.


Then I had the "stupid" idea. I kept looking at this pattern on the wall. I thought it would be fun to do the embroidery on these blocks. So, I cut out a couple squares to mark the blocks. I marked one block and realized it was on the wrong piece of fabric. As I was marking the blocks (yes I did 2), I realized the instructions are crap! They are instructions for someone that can read patterns, because the instructions don't tell you what the dotted lines in the fish bowl are or what stitch to use on it. The only instructions on what stitch to use are the "zigzag" areas. It doesn't even show you how the zigzag is done. They show the lazy daisy stitch, french knot (not a good design for people that don't know how to make a french knot) and 2 other stitches. The more I looked at the patterns the more frustrated I got. I can use my own ideas of how and where to stitch it. I don't want to have to figure it out as I go. SO...I've decided after marking 2 of the blocks, I'm not going to do this! I'm not going to make this quilt. I do not recommend these patterns with the kind of instructions they have.

While the light box is out, I marked 2 more eagles for the QOV quilts. I need to get with Donna and we can work out the colors. I have some fabrics for the eagle but I would like to get her ideas as well. Plus she has some fabrics I want to use on the blocks.

I was thinking of starting another project, and I even bought another quilt pattern online! I should just wait for it to show up before I start another project. Keep telling myself that anyway....Thinking a small project will be fast and easy to do.....nope, that never happens. Why another project...I have two quilts to quilt....I have 3 applique quilts going, and why would I need another one?! I have two more that have fabric and is waiting to get started...so why am I looking at the patterns on my board?! UGH Lynn, stop looking!!

Now that I won't be starting another project, I'll keep working on the quilting side of 2 quilts. Tomorrow is the potluck for our group. Not sure what I will be taking, but I will think of something. I just hope I don't set everything up, we eat, and they leave for me to clean up. I hate it when that happens.

Friday is the other quilt group. Not sure what I'm going to do. I really don't care about going two days in a row, but I know it upsets mom if I don't show up. ugh.

May you be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Another Blot On Life

 I haven't been able (or forgot) to do my blog. I am having to be in the hospital for a few more days.  On March 7th, my daughter's ...