Sunday, August 30, 2015

A Day of Sewing...

This morning I woke up after having a great night sleep. I had the best night sleep I had in a long time. Think it was the Zyrtec! lol

I've been doing laundry and cleaning up a little, but my quilt room wasn't the room that got cleaned up. I did enjoy the afternoon downstairs.


I laid the 9 patches next to each other to see which one I like the best. I actually liked the bottom set. Would you believe I asked Patrick and Donna - "top or bottom" and they didn't have a clue I had them different! lol - Guess I should have said it a little better.


I'm hoping I have enough of the yellow/white to finish the border. I don't think I will have any to put a square in the corner, but not too worried about that. May just do a solid border and then put the other (red or blue) in the corner. Step by step and I may get this going pretty good.


I keep the center changing as it goes.


I'm going to have to trim the one border down because it's just about an inch off. I will start from the middle and work my way out.

I finished appliqueing the star and two leaves I was working on the "Baltimore Liberty."



It's coming along great. It's not perfect, but it's looking good. I have the bow to do next. I like the new technique I was trying out.


I used that technique on this block as well. One can see my leaf that needs to be attached. This is were the Vellum sheets would come in perfectly. I may just do that! I'm thinking there are a few things with the baskets that can use this technique of using the interfacing. It's soft and easy to use. I'm thrilled Kathy W introduced me to this stuff!

 I will do the back basting on the flower, and will also use it on the stem, but these leaves I really did want to have the "wavy" look to them. I'm thrilled!

Tonight we will be talking about when we will be starting bowling again. We went to the Wednesday meeting, and we won't start for another week. I'm thinking that's what is going to happen with Sunday too.

It's getting colder, and it's getting close to time when I can quilt while watching TV. I'm looking forward to getting back to quilting! Even though I can now one the butterfly quilt. I keep looking at it, but seem to keep putting it off. (smiling!) Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...