Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Plans Changed.......No Worries

Today started out easily. I worked on the laundry and vacuumed the house. It felt good to clean up a little bit. I did put a few things away - which I needed to do.

My friend called and cancelled our lunch appointment, so I didn't have anywhere to go. I did look forward to walking down to the golf course for lunch, but we'll do that again another day. I did go and give our neighbor her mail.


Last night I had a little bit of time, so I worked on the button hole leaves. I really had fun working on this! The flower is next and I'm thinking I may try and do it anyway.


I got back to working on this block. It's a pretty rose, and I'm having fun working on it.


I did get the embroidery work around the one leaf, but I'm going to work on the rest of them. I need to put the veins in the two leaves, including the one I did the embroidery around. It's not my favorite rose pattern, but it was easy enough to do. I'm not real crazy about the bud on the top, but will still do the embroidery to see if I can make it look a little better. I should have put the bud under the rose so it wouldn't look so "off."

I spend the afternoon getting caught up on my shows. I still have a couple more I want to get off "on demand." I can't believe some of the shows that are on the line up! One I saw was about a couple that are murderers. What are we telling our kids? It's "fun" to kill?! Wow, that's one show I will not watch. I like to be entertainer....makes it easier to enjoy what I'm working on.

I've got class tomorrow. Looking forward to getting them started on finishing up the quilt. My mind is thinking of patterns. I need to get some paper and draw. At least I keep telling myself that. I woke up in the middle of the night with an idea of a pattern....Can I remember it?! Nope. I should do what our teacher taught us years ago, keep a notebook and pencil next to the bed. Then when I wake up, write down what I was thinking or want to remember.....Okay, we're talking about me now....Don't think I can write down what I'm thinking...or even remember to write down what I'm thinking. I get up, visit the bathroom, and go back to bed. Writing doesn't seem to be in that thought. PLUS if I did write something down, I'd have to turn the lamp on, and I can just hear Patrick...."What are you doing???" Not something I see myself doing....but hey, it was a thought. Maybe I should write that down! Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...