Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 5....Getting Better

Today I woke to Patrick sending me back to bed. I slept pretty good on the couch. I slept a lot later than I have in a very long time. But then ones body tells them to sleep, one better sleep.

I felt a lot better and my voice is starting to come back to normal.

Mom and dad called. They wanted me to know about their doctors wife. She found out the day before Christmas that she was at stage 3 breast cancer. Mom was saying today she's now at stage 4. Doctor Paul is about 5 years younger than me. He graduated a year after my younger brother. Check out his blog - it's all about the process they are going through. They have 4 children. It's sad, but interesting information. If you know anyone that is going through breast cancer, pass the link on.

Okay, now back to my day. I decided today was going to be working on the friendship block. I am getting tired of doing others blocks. I know I said I would but it seems like I'm always stuck on doing them.

I was supposed to have bright colors. It looked good when I put the colors together with the flower color that has to be in the block. Now I'm not so sure. I ended up taking out the top of the head to be able to put the top feather on. I don't know why I put the body on when I had to put the top feather and feet on. I'm going to have to take out part of the bottom to put the feet in.....I must have really been sick not to know that! Ugh.

I've been working up the stem putting the leaves in. The stem will come after they are all on.

I just added the big flower stem. I have the outer part of the stem to applique down. I really want to get this over with so I can get back to my own blocks. I thought if I took the afternoon and worked on this I could at least have a block done. No such luck. Not sure if it will be done tonight or if I'll work on it tomorrow. I really do want to get this completed and returned to Bev so I don't have to worry about it later. Figured if I had it done and returned to Bev I can relax for the next 3 months before another one comes up.

Today I took a break from my cross stitch. I'm looking at it as I type this. I do want to get back to it, just like I want to get back to finishing my Baltimore Liberty block. One step at a time, so I keep telling myself. I haven't been in the mood to go downstairs and work on the other top. One step at a time....I'm getting there.

I need to think of a quilt that I want the gals to do for me when the time comes. I usually end up doing something I don't plan. Maybe it's time to get ahead of the game and plan a quilt that they will help me out with.

There is a really good article in "Country" magazine about quilt blocks that were found in a garage sale and ended up back in the town where they were put together in 1934. I was enjoying the reading, but the rest of the article is missing or somewhere I couldn't find. I did enjoy the read though. lol

Getting back to working on my stuff. I'm excited to get my order in the mail as well. I was surprised to find out one of my orders from Amazon won't be here till Feb 2-17. I ordered it around the 5th of the month.....couldn't believe I read the delivery date wrong. The other funny part is that the bar that says it's on the way is half way....and stopped for a good week. Makes me wonder why the order is taking so long. Mysteries are fun to figure out!

Have a great day....Happy Quilting!

Always Enjoy Being With Good Friends

Today was our BFF meeting day. Brazilian embroidery day. I had it here because Pat wasn't coming and she's the one that opens the ch...