Sunday, January 10, 2016

Busy Bowling And Learning...

Today started out with putting cinnamon rolls in the oven. Shortly after they were done I had go to get ready and get to the bowling alley for travel league. I bowled better than I had in a few weeks. I feel good when I get a 500 series, and I had a 525.

Came home and watched some videos on "YouTube.' I had seen some photos on Instagram of cross stitch pictures. Some of them had "tails" hanging with the work they were doing. I wanted to see how they did it. The pictures showed how all the work was getting done by the rows. I really was interested in seeing what others were doing. So, I sat and looked up videos that showed the work. I even watched one in Russian. She did an awesome job! I loved the work and I could figure out what she was talking about just by watching without listening. They work by grids....that was new to me. I just worked with one color and they were uses all the colors they needed in that row in that grid. I then checked out a couple more in English. One gal used knots. Not what I wanted to see, so went to check out more. Found one that was awesome! She explained about how she uses one (double) strand before she used the next color in that grid. I liked the way the Russian gal worked each row. But this other gal showed how she started and finished the threads. The Russian gal showed how she finished it off on top - but because I couldn't understand what she did, I got lost. The one thing I'm not sure about is the threads on the back. They have long "loops" that are on the back. I think I can figure out a way to do it without making the back look "bad."

As I was watching the videos, the doorbell rang. Went to the door and my package arrived. It's Sunday! I was so surprised.  The fabric (linen) for the fairy cross stitch (next project) arrived. I wish it was bluer! It's more gray then blue. I think I'm going to check a couple more places out to see if I can find a "sky blue" not a "gray blue." I also found out that silk floss is a lot brighter and prettier, so I'm thinking I'm going to use that instead of DMC floss. If I'm going to do a big project like the fairy, then I'm going to use what will make it look awesome and not just "pretty."

We then went bowling. Took 2 1/2 games. Tied the last one. I bowled a 515, I think. At least it was over 500. I really need to get moving again. My average didn't drop this time so I'm happy.

Tomorrow is another day! I'm going to work on trying out the new technique on my cross stitch. I can finish up the areas I'v been working on and then try this technique. I understand it's quicker and works great. I did see a needle with a ring to use on ones pinkie that helps with the crosses. I'm thinking about getting one of those to try out too.

Okay, time to call it a night. May we all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...