Friday, January 22, 2016

Getting Better...Need To Be Better By Tomorrow!

Today was a good day. I've been sleeping in our bed the last couple nights. So, you can say I have quit snoring! lol

I decided I was tired of being in the house, so called Ruth to go walking. When I walked down to her house it started raining. We decided to do a short walk back up and walk the cul-du-sac. By the time we reach my house the rain was coming down again. She told me, "Get in the house before you get sicker!" lol At least I got my walk. My ears are "blooping" and can't wait to get my hearing back. Otherwise, I'm good.

I finished Bev's block last night. I added the white to the eye to give it "life."

It turned out okay, not quite what I was wanting. The flowers are the piece of fabric I was given to work with. When I laid the fabric down on it, it worked. When I put it together, it didn't work. At least not the way I wanted it to. 

When I got back from walking I found a box at our door. It was the QOV quilt! I was so happy to see it back! 

Kathy Westphal did the work. 9 Chicks Quilting is what she goes by. This link is a Facebook link. Not sure if she has a website. I know she is on Instagram too. It turned out pretty good. I'm happy with it. 

Tomorrow is Patrick's Birthday celebration with the family. We'll go out to eat. It's not till Monday, but we do the nearest weekend to have family get together's on Birthdays. I started making the "Winter Wonder Log" that I've had the recipe for years. It's one of the families favorites and it's so easy to make. I think I posted the recipe a few years ago on here. 

It's basically pistachio instant pudding, 1 cup milk. Mix together, let sit for 5 mins. Add in half a cool whip tub (8 oz). Add pudding mix to the Chocolate Wafer Cookies and stack. Lay the stacks on wax paper. When all the pudding and wafers are done, wrap the roll. Tighten ends. Refrigerate the roll for 2-3 hours (or longer). When ready, take the other half of the cool whip and frost (after you have unwrapped it). You can add chocolate shavings, cherries, or what ever you want to decorate. It's really good. Got the recipe from Bird's Eye. I have the roll in the frig till tomorrow. I'll frost it when we are ready to eat it. 

I've started working on the butterfly. It's coming along pretty good. I am going to finish the left side of the butterfly and then finish up the frog. It's really been a relax to work on this. I was thinking I need to work on the flowers of my Baltimore Liberty block and get that done. Funny how one thing I work on reminds me of what I need to work on next. 

I'll try and get my binding done on the quilt, then I can call that one done. So far this year, I have only finished the block...guess I better get moving! I'm needing to finish something this quarter for the Finish-A-Long.

It's still a little cold and too lazy to go downstairs to work on my quilt....but then I can't complain when those living in KY to DC are having a snow storm. I hope everyone is home and not going out in that mess. I lived in MD 30 years ago. The only time it got that bad was that year when the plane crashed on the bridge between DC and VA. That was either the last year or the year before we left. 

I received my Quilter's Newsletter today. I was thinking if I had the money and the time, I would get a magazine out there that has newer patterns, applique, and fun stories in it. I used to love getting my magazines in the mail. Lately I can't find anything inspiring or fun to read in them any more. 

Looking forward to getting back into walking. Problem....Ruth is leaving for a little while on Wednesday...guess I'll be walking on my own for a little while. I'm hoping to get back downstairs to quilt too.  Happy Quilting!

Spent The Afternoon Volunteering With Mom

This morning I was up and getting supper ready for the crock pot. I knew I wouldn't be home till after 5:30 pm and really didn't wan...