Sunday, March 20, 2016

Finished the Eagle Block!

Today I was up early and ready to enjoy my time. I spent the morning enjoying games and working on the computer.

I got started on the laundry. I even washed my bag that was getting really dirty. There was a spot that didn't come out in the wash, but that's okay, I may try to get it out later. Now my bag is a lot cleaner then it was.

I finished the leaves last night and worked on the eye of my eagle today.


It takes up the bed!


Took several angles of it for photos.


I sent Donna a text with the photo and told her I would drop it off Tuesday. I like the way it turned out. I have a few things that I can change on the next one. Dad wanted to see it before I took it to Donna. He said he wanted me to make him one for a flag in his garage. Not making one for the garage, but will make one for him through QOV. I will work on his quilt next. He won't know it's for him.


After I finished the eagle and while cleaning my bag - I found this block that needed to have the leaves on it. So, I appliqued the leaves and can now count #19 of the Bountiful Baskets done.


Next was to applique the petal of this block down, since it as tacked down and ready to applique. I got 3 petals done. So, I'm getting there! Not sure what I'm going to finish up next, but I'm getting to the small things to finish lately. My mind seems lost since I finished the eagle.

We had bowling tonight and I bowled a 527 - with a 207 game, so that should tell you how bad the other two games were.

Tomorrow I'll be working on my laundry and then I will see what I need to get ready to work on. I may TRY to get some quilting done while I'm at it. That is wishful thinking of being Happy Quilting!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...