Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hello Sunshine!

Today was a good day for a walk. Got in 2.5 miles this morning. I'm so close to having 10,000 step right now! And I didn't walk in the afternoon!

I enjoyed the morning to myself. Not what I would like to get used to, but I did get some cleaning done. Between vacuuming, laundry, and mopping floors, I did watch two really good movies on TCM. Since it's St. Patrick's Day - there were a lot of good movies about the Irish.


I wanted to try the technique that Becky Campbell uses for her applique. I found it takes the same amount of time as it does back basting. I love both techniques. I am going to try and use this one more often though. I like the fact that I could put the pieces together (applique them down) and place it, THEN applique it down. I did add an interface to the back of these. I wanted to make sure the brown didn't come through. Then I remembered, this interface washing out. So, I don't know if that will help or hurt the design. Time will tell.


I have appliqued the beak on and am working on the head. I like the way it's going. The head is stiff and the back is not, but I'm working it. I like the way it is going. Can't complain! It will take practice to get the curves to look better, but my curves right now are about the same, so I can't complain too much. Once this is done, I can do the eyes. I also need to finish the flower and leaves. I did those as needle turn, which won't take long.

Sunshine today!! I'm so excited about the sun coming out!


Had to make a trip around the house to take photos! Blooms are starting up!!


That's the sun!! I love this photo...looks like it's in the house with a light behind it. NOPE, this is natural!

Waiting to see if Patrick will be home tonight or tomorrow. Just got my phone and noticed his text. He's on his way...sure did miss him. Can't wait to see him! Need to get moving.

Life is good! I'm still enjoying learning, playing, and working on my applique! Happy Quilting!


No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...