Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Back To QOV Block.....

Today we walked 3 miles. Not sure how it marked it as 3 miles when we usually get in 2.5 miles. For some reason the fitbit was counting the first mile a lot faster than usual.

After the walk I was off to my doctors appointment in Olympia. That's a good 30 - 45 min trip up north. Traffic was okay. At least it wasn't rush hour. I arrived, pulled out my block, and was called into my appointment room. Spent a few mins working on my arrow before the doctor came in. Went to Group Health in Olympia to check on my medications - didn't get hardly any time in for applique because they are so fast getting prescription stuff moving. Headed home and stopped at mom's to check on the smoker my brothers are wanting for our family reunion. No such luck. Looks like we are going to have to buy another one. ugh.


The arrows are done. I was only able to get one side of one arrow done at the doctors office. I came home after moms and watched some TV shows while working on this block. I finished the second arrow, and got started on the body.


I started putting the tail down and decided I better work on the body first. So, I went and appliqued the two sides of the body. I need to put the head and tail down. I'll take it to the meeting tomorrow and work on it.


Last night I was able to get more done on this. I'm liking how the bird feeder is coming along. Ineed to fill in a few more stitches that got missed. I'll probably work on that tonight.

Donna texted to say one of the QOV quilts has the binding on and she wanted me to stitch it down. Said I would. I'll pick that up tomorrow. I'm starting to think of what I need to do for more blocks for dad. I have a few things to think about. I also need to pick up some half square triangle rolls tomorrow. Then I can get working on more scrap blocks to get another quilt done without having to wait on my applique.

May we all be Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...