Monday, September 19, 2016

And Another Week Begins

This morning I didn't want to get up - couldn't sleep last night so I got up and worked on my cross stitch for a while. Went back to bed at 12:30 am! Patrick was up, and I was wanting to go back to bed. I should have, since it was raining and Ruth decided we wouldn't be walking. I waited till about 8 am and went to Cherrill's to help her out. We walked but we didn't get very far, we only walked about 3/4 of a mile. Hey, any walking works for me!

Came home and went downstairs. Decided I needed to get moving and get that quilt off the frame.


I had a lot of this part done, but I had to move my chair to the other side of the quilt to quilt in the border. I'm not filling in the board, I'm just getting the stitches in on the shape.


I was able to get 2 of the 6 "mounts" in the border done. I was able to get more quilting in on the inside of the quilt. It's gotten me to half way! I'm thrilled. I really need to work on the border area and then I can pull the quilt off the frame. For the 2 hours I was down there, I was able to get a lot of quilting done! Hopefully I can get back to it on Wednesday, since I have plans for tomorrow.

I stayed down there till about noon. I even turned the heat on, because it was cold in the house. I forgot to shut it off when I came back up. I cleaned the oven, so between the heat downstairs and the heat up here, the house warmed up for me! Woo Hoo.


Had to take a photo of what's left of my plant. It's slowly changing. It's funny how new ones are on the plant and it's almost getting too cold for the plant! This is the first year we have been able to keep a fushia alive!


Even the plants in the pot are still going strong.


Miss Kitty was around today. She didn't come around me much. She's loves attention but very "gun shy" and jumped every time I moved.


I put part of the afternoon in on this cross stitch. It's coming along great. I did find where i messed up on my counting 10x10 area. I did one area 12x9, so now I'm having to fix what I did wrong That's okay because I didn't mess up where the floss goes, just the areas I was in. I'm loving the design. I was looking at Santa when I was downstairs.

I need to find a sampler to work on as well. Not crazy about them, but I did join a group that is a sampler group, so I need to do a few samplers.

As I type this, I'm yawning! So, I guess tonight is going to be an early night for me. I'm still getting stuff done and having a blast working on all of it! Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...