Monday, September 26, 2016

Day of Embroidery

This morning I was up and ready to go, like I always am. Had to wait till 7:45 am before we headed to Cherrill's. Ruth and I did get a few steps in before seeing Cherrill. I was able to get her socks on for her, but her back is really bad, so she didn't walk. Ruth and I went around and got 2.5 miles in. I forgot to shut off my phone with the walking timer. I figured it out when I was part way down Jackson Hwy and the phone said, "3 miles" etc. I pulled over and hit the stop button. Sent ruth a message that we walked 3.17 miles! lol

I was able to get moving and get to our meeting about 5-10 mins late. I was having to come back and get my drivers license, otherwise I would have been on time. I also took some tomatoes for everyone. Ruth got some as well.

We had a good meeting. We were teach a new person. She didn't have any idea how to thread a needle or tie a knot. It's been a long time since I trained anyone that new. Good thing Pat was doing all that! I did help when Pat was busy with someone else.

I was there a good hour before I was able to get to work on my stuff. I was helping Georgie with her instructions. We were trying to figure out what the flower looked like. It took awhile to figure out the flower. The instructions were not that good.


I pulled out my needle case to work on. It's been awhile and I've been putting it off.


I made a couple pockets. I need to find a velcro strip or even a magnet to keep them shut. I do have the magnets, so I may just use those!


I sewed the scissor holder in the side. I had to do it twice because the first time it was "folded" around the case. Scissors don't fold. So, I took it out and put it back in. I'm going to do Brazilian embroidery on the outside. I have an idea of what I want to do, but I'll do it when I get started. It's going to be an "as I go" kinda design.

Georgie was talking about doing applique and I told her I have some patterns she could have. I had gone through some of my stuff downstairs and realized there are patterns that I won't ever get to. So, I gave her about 6 different applique patterns. She stopped by after our meeting.

I sat outside with "Kittie" for awhile. She's really something! I love spending time with her.

After spending time with her, I came in to work on my cross stitch. I received a phone call from a distant relative that I sent photos to. She was thrilled to get the photos and I told her I have more. I just found those and sent them but there are plenty of photos here.

Tonight is the debates, so I've got it on. Guess I'm going to close this to see if I like what they have to say....chances are not. Wish we had someone else to vote for!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...