Monday, October 24, 2016

A Wonderful Gathering

Today I was up and ready to go. I vacuumed to have the house ready for guests.  Then I went to Cherrill's and helped her with her socks. Miss Kitty followed me over to her place. She found the dead bird from "suicide bombing" the window. When I left Cherrill's the poor bird was gone and Miss Kitty had some feathers on her chin when I called her to walk back with me.

Got home and got my blog written for yesterday, since we had a power outage last night. As I was figuring a few things that needed to be done, guest started to arrive.

Today was our day for Brazilian embroidery. I had the table set up for Halloween for the fun of it.

We all sat around the table.

We stitched for a good 2 hours then we had lunch. After lunch we stitched another hour. Everyone called it a day around 2 pm. We had a good time and got a lot done. We talked about what we would do for our fellow stitcher who had a stroke and her cancer is terminal. It's not looking good for her. We are collecting embroidery pieces to put in a quilt. I have one, but couldn't find what I did with it, so will do another small piece for her.

While we were stitching, I worked on the third bird (left side). I was trying to get the body right. I've been adding more color to the bird. This one is more yellow than any of the others. It's also in the "background," so I just need to do the head and shoulder area and then it will be good. I'll add the other bird in front of it next or work on the bird I had the stuffing part already set to stitch on. It's fun seeing how much I can get done.

After everyone left, I went back to working on my "Nantucket Rose" cross stitch. I have the house coming to life. We'll wait and see how much I can get done tonight. I'm excited and can't wait to see how far I can get.

So, when I sat down to work on my cross stitch, I had some stitches going in. Then I needed to cut my floss, thinking that I had used my scissor earlier when I sat down. I then proceeded to look for my scissor (again). I lifted the chair, checking underneath. I check the bathroom since I went in there. I looked in the kitchen since I was putting food away. I then went downstairs to pull out my box of Brazilian embroidery to see if I had 2 pairs of scissors in there..nope. Okay, let's check the chair again, nope. 20 minutes later Patrick gets home. I told him I was missing my scissors and if he finds them to please let me know. He proceeds to check the table I'm working on, (with the comment of needing to clean up my table) to no avail. THEN I thought about what I used the scissors for and when was the last time (before I needed them) that I used them. Okay, let's just take a look at the SAL (stitch along) project to see if I accidentally put them in there. I pulled the bag out and my heart sank, because they were not on the bottom of the, what the heck, let's just see if by chance they are there and hung on something.....BINGO! My scissors were stuck on the magnet in the back of my SAL project!! Then my brains says, "Oh, guess I didn't use them today after all!" DUH!

Now that things are back to "normal" if one wants to call it that. I'm going to sit and enjoy working on my project tonight! May we all be Happy Quilting!

Always Enjoy Being With Good Friends

Today was our BFF meeting day. Brazilian embroidery day. I had it here because Pat wasn't coming and she's the one that opens the ch...