Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Another Rainy Day in WA

Today started out like it has for the past few days. Ruth is gone till tomorrow, so I have been going to see Cherrill on my own. I don't know what it is about me, but I tend to be a care giver to more people than I would like to be. I told her I would be there tomorrow unless dad gets out early and I'll see about getting the socks on her in the afternoon. Chances are, dad will be in the hospital till about 4 pm tomorrow. Really not expecting to come home early.

Today was QOV day up in Olympia. I didn't go.....I thought about it and was going till last night. Figured the two I wanted to go with would not be going, so I would be stuck with another gal that talks through the meeting. I try to tell her I would like to hear this but she keeps talking. So, I decided I would wait till next month and try to sew then. 

I went downstairs to get stuff ready to take with me tomorrow. I picked the cross stitch that Kathy asked me to finish. 


I got the floss out that I need to finish this. I have it ready for tomorrow to work on. 

Once that was done, I got a couple loads of laundry in. Then I decided to sit and work on my cross stitch. 


I got quiet a bit done on this today. I was watching "The Murdoch Mysteries." It was fun going through about 4 shows this afternoon while sitting and working on this. I have noticed I have a hard time with white on this fabric. It's funny, because white isn't any different from any other color, but I seem to have more problems keeping on track with that. I am still having more white to work with and I'll do each one one step at a time. 


I spent the day going out and checking on my cat! She loves attention and she couldn't get enough today. I was thrilled, but since it was rainy, it was also COLD. So I had to go get my coat. We had this happen about 3 times today. I'm loving that she's coming around more. Just wish she would come in the house so I don't have to freeze out there. 

I'm sitting here watching the VP debate. I went in with my eyes wide open and ready to hear both sides, and found that I don't care for Kaine! I don't like the interruptions and I don't care for the same thing over and over. 

Okay, back to this blog. I'm ready to do applique and cross stitch while I'm at the hospital tomorrow waiting on dad. He's getting an angiogram test tomorrow. Not sure how long it will take, but will found out. I'm having to stay the night at the folks house to be up early enough to go by 7 am. 

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...