Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Productive Day.....

This morning I was up and out the door by 7:30 am. Walked with Ruth for a good 3 miles, then went to Cherrills and walked with her for another mile. My 10,000 steps was hit by the time I reached my house at about 9:30 am. It was a good day of walking.

I came home and decided I would work on the quilt block I brought back from moms. Funny how I said I wouldn't be doing so much quilting lately, and I guess that went out the window! I'm still quilting, even if I don't think I would be....never fails.

I pulled out the lightbox and worked on marking my block for the back basting part.


Because the pattern only had one side of the block, I had to put two pieces of the pattern together. That worked out since one of the patterns was on transparent paper. As one can see, the pattern desig showed through as well, but I was able to get around that.

Then I decided since I had the light box out, I'd work on the pattern for the eagles that I do for QOV. I didn't go to the presentation that was today, so I figured I needed to work on something that was with QOV.


I had to shorten the wings.


Once I had marked the pattern with a marker, I then put the pattern on the freezer paper so I could cut out the pieces. This way I can put the bird together before putting him on the background. I like doing it that way. I may need to get some of the brown back from mom, but I will wok n the wings and body before placing and appliqueing it on the background.

I then cut them all out. I have the in a baggie so I can pull them out and put them on the fabrics when I'm ready. I'm thinking I may work on two at a time. Should be interesting.

While I was doing all this, I was also doing laundry. Before I sat down to work on my cross stitch, I vacuumed. So, the house is looking a little better. I cleaned up the table a little when I was done with the project. Which means I put a few things away.

I pulled out Kathy's cross stitch and finally finished it. I also washed it.


It's now ready for me to take to Kathy tomorrow. Plus I'm picking up a quilt frame from another quilter that I said I would buy from her.

I was able to work a little on my cross stitch project as well. Then it was time for bowling....

I bowled a 178, 138, 212, and still dropped my average by one. Oh, well.

May we all be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...