Friday, February 17, 2017

Started the Day with A Headache

This morning I woke at 4 am with a Headache. Took my migraine pill, and went back to bed......still didn't go away. UGH

Was up and enjoying Kitty for a little while before heading to Micheal's to pick up some DMC floss for Katt's Christmas Stocking that will be next to work on. I need to get a light blue for the background. I'll probably get a hand dyed fabric for it.


I now need to roll the floss on the spools. Now I have all the floss I need for the stocking. I have already got the pattern "blown up" so I can use it for marking as I work on. I'm actually looking forward to getting this started.

I went over to Centralia for lunch with a friend. We hadn't been together in over 6 months. We used to have lunch about once a month. We had an awesome lunch. It's a new Deli in town.

I was back home by 1:30 pm. It gave me plenty of time to put stuff away. I went downstairs and decided to do another floss tube. This one is my Quilt UFO's flosstube video. I was more relaxed on this one. So, if anyone is interested, I showed the applique work I've got going. It's not all the stuff I'm doing but it's stuff that I posted about on here - so if one doesn't know where I am with it - it's on the video! lol


Last night I worked on the backstitching. I wanted to see how she would look with the backstitches. I still have the shawl to do, but will do that after I'm done. I did start on the branches above her head. I'm doing it with the stair step method I do. I'll be working it to the top at an angle. Then I'll continue toward the right. When that's done, I'll turn it over and work the rest of the branches upside down.


I worked the fence in and finished that this afternoon. I was doing it as backstitching goes, but took it out and did it over. The second time I did it, I did "long stitches" to make the fence stand out. I like it better that way.

So, with a headache this morning....this afternoon.....and still now, I'm still moving. I'm not going to let this headache stop my day! I have too much I want to get done, and I can't if I try to sleep it off all the time. I haven't had a headache in over 4 months - that's a good sign for me - and I'm hoping this will go away by tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Saturday and no clue what tomorrow will bring. Hoping I'll be doing some craft but time will tell.

OH! I watched how to make an "envelope bag" and I'm going to make a couple for my scroll frames! I need to pick up some batting that has glue on the back. Then I'm going to work on making a couple of them. I have the fabric....the only down side is that I'll be sewing on my machine **laughing outloud!**

Gorgeous night sky! Happy Stitching!

QOV Quilts

Donna has been awesome getting quilts done for QOV! Quilts of Valor quilts are for veterans. Here is one of the quilts that I'm dro...