Sunday, February 23, 2014

And Then There Was One!

The last two days I'm happy to report, I've been busy with quilt blocks.


Even when I've had my lap full! lol


Before I finished block #34, I decided to do some embroidery work. I figure it would be more relaxing for me since I was getting tired of #35's block. This block didn't come out as I would have liked, but being small pieces, it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The best part about doing this quilt, is that I've learned a few things and I can do smaller pieces then I ever could before.


I finished this block today while watching "Arial America" and found that it was going okay. Better than I thought it would, but not happy with the flower. Maybe when the embroidery is done on this, it will take away from the "mistakes.


I worked on the embroidery for this block, and shocked myself by finding a mistake. I would have taken it out and done it again, but realized the embroidery covers it up a little. If you really look hard you will see what I'm talking about.

This quilt top has been long in coming. I am not happy with my work, but then most quilters are never happy with what they do. I learned a lot from this quilt, that can go on to other applique quilts in the future.

Yesterday, we took a drive down to Kelso WA. That place is really nice. I love their housing areas. There is a really pretty park there as well. My hubby and I were talking about how easy it is now to let things go. We don't worry as much about our two (grown) children. The can make their own decisions and will learn from their mistakes. Yes, we all would love to tell our kids what they are doing wrong, but there comes a time when you just have to let them go. I just hope in the future my kids will come back and see me from time to time to say hi, or just stop by. I remember when we were their age, I don't remember calling home or going home often. Started doing that later when we were in our 30's. As long they they are talking to each other and getting along, I couldn't ask for more.

We're bowling tonight. It will be the first time for me in over a week. I'm hoping I can "do good." lol

I've been thinking about getting fabric from Craftsy.com (see ad), as I hear they have a sale and good fabrics. They seem to be out there quiet a bit. I do know they have yarn, and I'm planning on getting some yarn from them as well. I need to do another baby gift. Seems lately too many friends or family friends are having kids. So, I've got to get moving and work on those as well.

So, I'm keeping busy with my blocks, and will pull the quilt out this week to get back to working on it. I'm hoping to get a lot more done and still be Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...