Thursday, August 1, 2013

Time to get back on track

I was sitting here thinking I haven't blogged for awhile. Then I realized I needed to quit thinking and do. lol


I received 2 more friendship blocks from my group last week. I'm having fun seeing what all comes in.


It's fun to see what's coming in.


I went around the house to see what flowers we hard out there. I hope to use them one of these days for designing quilts.



My hubby does an awesome job with the yard.


Roses are great too.

So, this week I went over to our friends place to watch her mother. Her mother has Alzheimer. They are also dealing with their son who has cancer. He's in his 40's and young. They are having an Auction night on the 24th. I'm going to watch "grandma" while they attend the auction.

Things are going great with TAS. We've got a lot going on, and I think everyone will be happy with what we have coming. I tend to spend a lot of time on the computer, checking our Facebook account. I like to keep it going, so I tend to be on the computer more often then usual.


I have been working on the cross stitch I pulled out awhile back. I've been getting more done.


I'm excited to see this done now. It's turning out better than I ever thought it would.

I have been working on the friendship block for Cil, and that one is a little more work than I was expecting. I just need to do the embroidery on the face and do a fan or bouquet in her hand. I'll probably work on that tomorrow at our groups meeting. I have to leave early to come back and take our neighbor to his doctors appointment, since his daughter and son-in-law are going to the ocean for the weekend. That is one disadvantage for being home and not working. Next week I will be working for a CPA to help out. She's also going to help me out.

So, as you can see, I'm still busier than I have been in the past. Enjoying what time I do have to myself. I've been "skunked" 9 times so far from my neighbor (different one) that I play cribbage with. Told him I am going to start over with the skunks when we hit 12. Guess he decided he better do that faster, since he's skunked me 4 x's in the last 2 weeks.

Life is good, hope yours is good as well. Looking forward to be Happy Quilting.....


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...