Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let's see if Planning works!

I'm actually planning on going downstairs to work on the quilt today. My plan is to go down there after I post this, but you know how my planning goes.

On Sunday, I actually went down and worked on my Mystery Quilt that is being done on the Just Us Quitlers group on Facebook. Most of them have theirs done, but I'm not quiet as fast as they are. This is an awesome group. All kinds of wonderful things are showing up there.


This was my "starting" point.


I figured it was easier to put the pieces I needed to sew on the machine in order, on a 3" x 24" ruler, and take it to the sewing machine. Saved me time and was easier to see what I was doing. I did this several times while going from the cutting table to the sewing machine. At least I get good exercise doing that.


I was so THRILLED to finally get all the chevrons done! I hated cutting so much stuff!! I get bored way to easily when it comes to cutting pieces over and over and over and over again.

Now I just need to cut the 2" and 2 1/2" squares to finish up the triangles for the flower piece. I have a lot of them already done, but now I'm getting to the last few pieces, and hopefully today I can get them all done! I'm liking what I'm doing, so no complaints so far. It's coming together.


When I had a break between cutting for the quilt, I pulled some of the scraps out of the container and got a few more squares to go with the other scraps. I'm adding more to my stash. I've got a lot of organizing to do, and still working on it, but can do it between projects. I've got a pile that needs to be put on the boards, and I'm going to try and get some more done today too. (Did you read that? - TRY word??)


This is where we went for Patrick's Birthday - Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma. Was a little disappointed, prices are up and the taste isn't as good as it used to be. But we did have a great time.

Okay, going to close this, want to get a few games done, and head downstairs and get some quilt projects done! - Hope you do the same - and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...