Friday, November 3, 2023

Life Keeps Kicking Me In The Butt

 Today I slept in. I didn't feel like getting out of bed. When I did, I worked on my exercises and went out to walk. As I was walking, I received a text that my tests were in. At first, I thought it was for the biopsy. When I didn't get called, I thought it was for the regular paps test that still hasn't given the results yet. Then I realized it was the results of the biopsy. 

The nurse called about 5 mins after I realized it was the biopsy and didn't like what I saw. That cut my walk in half. Yes, it's cancer. I'm lucky in the fact that it is very small and is contained. I'm seeing the surgeon on Tuesday to set up a day for surgery. The sooner the better. This one is one that I won't have to have radiation or chemo, IF all goes well. 

Patrick came home as and listened to the nurse. She repeated everything to him. I will get another call later to see if I have questions or not after I have thought it over. 

We then went into town. I stopped and told Phil. Katt called while we were on the way to town. She was the first to know. Phil was second. We had to go into Safeway for a few things and I went along. I wanted to tell them in person, but Katt is too far away. She said she will come when the time is for me to have surgery. I also told mom and Debbie. I won't tell anyone else. Guess I'm hoping who reads this will keep it on the down low. 

After all that, I did some QOV stuff and then took the time to work on my beading. I realized I need to get backing and batting done for Connie. I also need to trim the 2 quilts I have down there. I need to see if one is a panel. 


I was able to get to this point before I quit. I'm almost done with set #4. One more to go. 

I will be fine. I'm in "lala land" right now. I will probably freak out on Tuesday. But life goes on. I'm going to try and not think about it. We will see how it goes. There will be a time I won't be able to post for a day or so. Depending on my right side. Not sure if I will have to keep my right side still. YEAH! That would be fun! If anyone knows me, it's going to kill me to stay still! Oh, well. Time will tell. I won't say anything more about it till I know what is going on. This is a positive sight where I chat about my work and not so much about me. As long as I can stay Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 


2 comments:

PJ said...

I don't know you and "stubbled" across your blog, I wanted to say I am sorry for this difficult challenge in your life. The "C" word (cancer) has a way of turning life upside down and sends us on a path we never believed would be part of our life. It helps us focus on what's most important and it appears you have support to help you navigate. Sending healing thoughts and prayers! PJ

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Thank you for your kind words. I will deal with this and I'm thankful it was found when it was. My husband is in his third year of kidney cancer - lost his left kidney and part of the right. Now it's in the liver. He's doing great, so I pray often that he will get through this. Funny how life throws a curve ball and I get cancer while he's still fighting it. That's life! lol Thank you again for your kind words. Support is awesome and it makes it easier somehow.
Lynn

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...