Sunday, November 5, 2023

I Kept Moving Today - Too Much

This morning I forgot it was daylight savings time. Till I saw it on TV. lol 

I got moving first with my cleaning. Had to get the cat litter box cleaned, then get laundry going.  Checked my lists on the counter (from last night) reminding me what I needed to do today. First things first, I had to go for my walk. I walked about 1 1/2 miles. I stopped at 5 laps. Just had too much on my plate. 

Texted Sandy and Cindy to let them know I wouldn't be going to the meeting tomorrow. Then explained to Sandy what I'm going through. About 10 minutes later, she texted Cindy and I to let us know it was the "worst day of my life." Her grandson was killed in a car accident early this morning. So, she won't be going tomorrow. At that point I had to cancel and get word out to the gal that wanted to join us. I had to have Alice tell her since I didn't have her number and she rents the grange. 

I got supper started. We decided to have Breaded Pork Chops and they take time in the oven. I had to get it all together and then put it in the oven. Patrick came to help. Once we had it in the oven, he took over while I was off downstairs. 

Once all that was done, I got going on a few other things I can't remember. Once all that was done, and I didn't like the way the Seahawks were playing, I went downstairs. I had to cut backing and batting for 2 quilts. I also checked with Connie to make sure she was going to be home. I had to wash the backing and get it ready. Then I cut the 3" strips for the quilt I seriously need to finish! I also trimmed 2 quilts that came from the church. They are ready to go to mom. I asked Connie if she could get the binding on one of them asap. It's a panel and we need 5 of them. She said she would. One more thing off my plate. I have a quilter bringing me 2 more quilts tomorrow afternoon. 

Which means I have to go to Connie's then moms. Mom wants help with a body shaking wrap. It has something to do with getting her lungs loosened up. We'll see. 

After all that I came upstairs and decided to relax since I was getting a little lightheaded. I played on my tablet for a while and realized I needed to get started on my sourdough. I wanted to make some sourdough bread because I've been refreshing it for a while, and it was ready. As I'm working on it, Patrick asked if I would make some cinnamon twists with it, which means it needed "sweet" dough. I added the agave and cinnamon (just a little). Then tomorrow we will put the mixture together, roll it, and then cut it into 3 rolls. Once all that is done, I can braid it. It will be a sweet bread. Which means I can't have much. UGH I love bread but I'm trying to stay away from sugar for a while. I had way too much last night. 

So, I have my dough under the towel and it will raise overnight. When I get home around noon then I will shape and roll it to raise one more time. The longer it stays a dough, the better the sour comes out. I'm happy with the dough and know it will raise just fine. 

Tuesday is fast approaching, and I'm trying not to think about what I'm going to have to go through with surgery. I'm a big chicken and I'm not looking forward to it. When I know on Tuesday, I will post what I'm thinking and what I have to do. I also have the Lewis County Commissioners meeting in the morning, which is probably a good thing and I won't be thinking about going to Olympia all day long. Time will tell. I pray it's as simple as they say it is. 

Even though I don't have photos of the work I did downstairs, I was at least trying to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...