Thursday, November 30, 2023

Top Finished YEAH

 This morning I decided I wanted to put a couple hours in on the quilt downstairs. If I could get it done and off to Connie on Monday then we will be ahead of schedule. 

I finished it sooner than I thought - time wise. It was pretty easy to do. I like the looks of it. I really didn't want a big border to it, but I found that I was 5" short all the way around. So, I added a 2 1/2" strip which put me in the area I wanted to be for a quilt. Connie did the Log Cabin blocks, all I did was put it all together. I wouldn't have wanted to do the Log cabin blocks. They aren't my favorite to work on. I like the affect though. 

Then I had Patrick pull out another panel to think about working on. 


He picked the Army panel. So, I pulled out some fabric that I had. They have Army all over them. I also remembered mom did some yellow stars. So, I put them on the wall. Now I need to decide how I want to place them and use the fabric. I may change my mind about the fabric, but right now that is what I have to think about. 

Came upstairs around 2 pm to get to work on my beads. I really wanted to finally get the last beaded panel done. And I'm happy to say I did!


Thank goodness I didn't have another set to work on. This was the last! Sometimes I think I got too excited over this one. Plus, I'm not one that likes to repeat myself. Like with quilts, I try to work on something different. Well, the only "different" thing about these are the colors of the angels. Not my kinda' change! So, the last set was like pulling teeth! At least I want to think it was. But it really wasn't, just a pain in the A**. Hopefully I won't make that many next year. We can hope!


The next step was to work on the dangles. I was having a hard time figuring out how to work with gold. I didn't have a lot of gold stuff. I'm a silver person myself. So, I took apart one of the necklaces I got from ordering beads. I didn't care for it, but it had a good supply of beads. I also went into my beads from necklaces that were broke. The ones grandmother and maybe great grandmother had. Not all are expensive beads but they work well with this. So, yet again, I took apart a "pearl" necklace that was broke. Why not use it in this piece and the next? So, I did. This set of 6 is ready for one of the gold angels. 


I was working on this set when I got a phone call from my cousin in CA prison. He calls about once a week. We go over family history. The funny part is that he has to call me about 3 times to get all the information in that we need to. Today is his birthday. 

Then I came back to work on these. I realized after I had 2 of these done that the bead between the pearls - I ran out. So, the next 3 dangles are going to have a different gold piece in-between them. Hopefully no one will care or notice. We'll see after I do those tomorrow. Once I have all the dangles done, I will get started on the top of the ornament. I just realized I have silver bulbs, so not sure how that will work. 

I had a good day. I was able to work on some laundry while working on my quilt and my beads. It turned out to be one of my better days of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...