Friday, December 1, 2023

Two Ornaments Down, Three To Go!

This morning I wanted to get back to my ornaments. I started them before even touching my tablet. Patrick was surprised to come in this morning and find me sitting at the table trying to the get the tassels right on the second ornament. 

Once that was done, I started putting it together. After I had it all together, Patrick found one of the tassels missing a couple beads. So, I took that tassel off and re-did it. 


 If you look closely, you will find the 2 different tassels. Each are a set of 3, so every other panel has the opposite one. 

I had a little trouble deciding what I wanted to do on the top of the ornament. I worked it a little, but not really happy with the end result. I do like it, but not what I was hoping for. 

This one came out better. I like the top of the ornament. I also liked the beads on the tassels. Actually the tassel has pearls that were of a broken necklace that my grandmother owned. Since these are going to family mostly, I wasn't too worried about it. The pearls are 75% chance of being real. I'm not sure, and I really am not worried about it. I put them to use in the ornaments and hopefully they will be a heirloom for someone else. The pearls are not that important as I have a ton more. I'm trying to use up some of the beads that were given to me through my grandmother(s) and great grandmother. I think it made the ornament by using them. 


Each ornament is different. I don't like to repeat myself and I like to make each one special for the person they are going to. I have 3 more to work on, then I will pick out the one I want and then work on who gets which one. It will be a process. But a fun one at that. The next 3 are silver, so that will be easier to figure out then these were. I really didn't have a lot of gold. 


I like how they came out. So, I'm glad to see them finished. That is all that matters. Which puts me in the mood to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...