Thursday, December 7, 2023

Hate After Affects Of Shots!!

 Yesterday I wasn't feeling 100% because of the COVID shot on Monday. But I did go to our WWII veterans' home to honor him with a quilt. I will try and post that photo later. Debbie was saying Chip mentioned we have lost all but one of the veterans from WWII that we honored this year. I was shocked to hear that, since we honored close to 10 or 15. I'm glad we were able to honor them when we did then. 

I pretty much called it a night around 8 pm last night, then found I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning. Even went into the living room and tried sleeping on the floor. When that didn't work, I went on the couch, but had to sleep on my back with me knees up. I woke a few times with sweat! I couldn't believe I soaked my night short! Around 6 am I went back to bed. Then slept till around 9:30 am. 

This morning I was up and playing on the tablet. I could have gone for a walk but just going up and down that stairs was killing me. So, I tried to relax - but wanted to wrap all our gifts for Christmas. While I wrapped, Patrick decorated the tree. It turned out pretty good. At first, I thought it wasn't going to look good, but he surprised me. lol 

We pulled the vacuum cleaner out to get all the white pieces from the tree. Of course, when the vacuum got close to Sophie, she headed by the tree. 


That's where she stayed till supper time. 


Before that, she was enjoying her nap - till Patrick started vacuuming the stairs. Then she kept an eye on him the whole time. When he started up the stairs, she headed for the tree. 


I finally pulled my cross stitching out and worked on it. I was able to get a good 300 stitches in before I called it quits. I wanted to watch Michael Symon on TV. I like him and love how he explains why he does what he does. Better personality then Bobbie Flay - not my favorite!

Now it's time to call it a night, and I'm still feeling the effects of the shot. I as always one who would get a cold worse than the other guy. I would also get a reaction to shots when others didn't. It's been that way most of my life. Being that I grew up in the military life, shots weren't that big a deal. Still aren't but IF I had my choice, I wouldn't get them. Because of my health issue right now, I needed to get the shot. I understood that and got it. When my health depends on it, I will get it. Even if I disagree, I will still get the shot. That's what we did when I was young, and that's what I do now. If more people got the shot, we won't have to do it every year. lol 

At least today, I found time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...