Monday, December 11, 2023

BE Christmas Party Today

 I got started on putting my stuff together in the crockpot for my artichoke dip. It didn't cook the full time here, so when I got to the grange, I plugged it in. First, I had to stop at the Church to drop off 2 quilts, then I went to Safeway for bread. Once that was done, I headed over to Connie's where she gave me 2 more quilts that need bindings on. It was a trade off since I gave her 2 quilts with backing and batting. I brought home one of her tops to see what backing will work with her quilt. 

Then I arrived a little late at the grange. They were waiting on me. I got a few things together and we at and chatted for a while. Once that was going on, we snacked on my dip and bread. Then we got ready for lunch - potluck. It was all good! I gave Sandy and Cindy their gifts. I should have brought the other 2 one too but we decided on exchanging gifts. The idea was that we bring something we have and don't want or something we started and won't finish. I took a few things I had around my quilt room that weren't doing me any good. Gerilyn received those and didn't want to "steal" for anything else. That made me feel good. I ended up with Cindy's bag of cross stitch, Sue Spargo, and other kits. I have two of them to Gerilyn and I came home with the last 3. I'm going to put them in to give away, because there isn't anything in there I would really do. Plus, I have enough kits right now. And these were simple easy stuff that I don't want to do. 

Came home and got busy with laundry. I didn't do any over the weekend and I needed to get working on that. Then I pulled out the quilts that needed labels. There were a good 7 of them needing labels. AND I have a feeling I didn't take pictures of all of the ones I did. Because I'm sure I did 5 of them. 


Victoria Parrott made this one. I do like the colors she used. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with for us.


JoAnn Wisner has been busy. This is another one of her quilts. Between her and Connie, the pieced quilts are awesome!


Colleen Hill did something different and I like it. At least it looks artsy with a flag in there. It turned out pretty good. 


This quilt is finally done for Smiley's pastor. We will be giving that out soon enough. He was hoping it was done on Veterans Day, but no such luck. It was fun working on this one. I hope he likes it. There are 4 that the labels are on and ready to go to the museum. I counted 7 in the bag, so I'm pretty sure I missed taking a photo of one of the 5 I did today. I have 2 more labels to put on. I also need to work on my labels because I'm out of the ones that are ready to put on the quilts. I may do that later this week. 

All in all, it turned out to be a great day. We had laughs and fun today. I enjoy my Brazilian Embroidery gals. They keep things hopping and fun. We have plans to work on Sandy V's class work on January 15th. Should be fun! I will be gone for a month but we won't be meeting for the week of Christmas and New Years, so I will only miss 2 weeks. Not bad. At least I was taking time to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

One Of My Busier Days

This morning Patrick left for golf. I was glad he's back to golfing. I wonder about the chemo he's on now.  After he left, I got up ...