Sunday, December 31, 2023

Surgery Day

I realize it's been a few days since I posted, and my surgery was also a few days ago. 

I was still concerned about my coughing, since the cold. I had called the nurse 2 days before to let her know and we agreed that I would go ahead with the surgery. We left home at 4:30 am and were (surprisingly) at Kaiser by 5:40 am. Not much traffic if at all. Please I think Patrick was driving a little faster than usual. 

I checked in at 6 am and was taken back to a room where I was put in a chair. They were worried about the coughing and checked me over. Then they wanted to see what the Dr said that was to put me under. I ended up with the nurses trying to figure out what to do with my coughing. I always have a very deep cough when I cough. I wasn't doing a lot of it, but enough to have them worried. The nurse I talked to 2 days before came in and realized I was the one she talked to. After that, it was easier moving forward. 

They took me downstairs to the radiologist. I had the same doctor I had when they did the biopsy. He was so sweet and considerate. They put me back in the chair and hooked me to the mammogram machine again. Between him and the radiologist, they kept me talking and trying to keep my mind off what was going on. It worked. I was doing very well afterwards. Then they moved me to the other room, which was the first room I went to with the first biopsy. I was laid down on the bed. Then he put 4 shots in my boob - and let me tell you! - that was not fun!! I still have to dots around my nipple where he put the shots in!

Once that was done, I was wheeled back upstairs to go back to the room I was in. Patrick and Katt came in for 10 mins and then I was walking to the operating room. There they told me to take 6 deep breaths. I only got to 4. Then I was out. The next thing I remember was being woke up. They said I coughed right after but did really well. I was wrapped in bandage and told what to expect and what not to do. I was then discharged and we headed home. Patrick and Katt wanted something to eat and Katt picked McD's. So, I had McNuggets and called it good. 

I was so thrilled that I didn't feel sick or even bad. I still have the "after" affects but that will hopefully go away. 

I have been doing pretty much nothing but playing games. I have my beads out and ready to work on when I get there. I have been walking. 

As for my boob - it's a little bruised today. I have a very bad rash under the boob because of being in that tight restraint. It doesn't look pretty, but I feel fine and there isn't any pain other than where the stitches seem to let me know they are there. I didn't take much in way of pain killers. So, all in all I'm happy with the end result - SO FAR. I have my appointment with my doctor on Thursday and I should be able to know more then. 

When I find time again, I will try and up date on how my week went. I will chat about my kids showing up. I didn't get a Christmas with mom but I did get one with my children. 

Of course, it wasn't a time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...