Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Enjoyed Being Home Today

 Today I was enjoying being home. I really like having the time to sit and just relax before the holidays and surgery. I did get a call from the nurse about surgery next week. I'm starting to get nervous but trying not to. Take each day, and I'll be fine!

Patrick went golfing but was back home by 11:00, guess they only did 9 holes. So, I didn't get the day to myself but that was okay too. 

I worked on getting the next ornament word chart done. I'm only about half way on the first panel. This one has 2 panels and not 3. I'm okay with that. I will try and get it done soon so I can put it in excel and then print it out. Easier than trying to read my handwriting of numbers. It does take a few hours to just write the word chart. I have to double check myself as well. 

This quilt now has a label. It's the one I did with Georgie's blocks. It turned out pretty good. The flags are going both directions. I was supposed to pay attention to that, but I didn't. 


Alli P. made this one. It turned out pretty cool. I now have 10 quilts that I will take to the museum tomorrow. I'm going to stop at moms in the morning and meet Debbie around 12:30. That way I won't have to stay long. I really don't want to help Nancy and mom make cookies. I'm trying to stay away from sugar - So, how's that going? - you ask.......Well, if you count the chocolates that my in-laws sent, I would say - NOT SO GOOD! I am trying though. Chocolate is in the house, and I'm in the box, candy jar, or bag! You name it, I'll find it!

So, today we watched a couple things on TV. I listened to my book on the tablet and have about 12 more hours to go. I didn't get much to listen to since Patrick came home earlier than expected. That's okay. 

At least when I'm enjoying being home, I can get back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...