Thursday, December 21, 2023

Visited With Mom And Nancy

 This morning I was up early and out the door with 10 quilts to go to the museum. I headed to moms first, stopping at Dutch Brothers for coffee and tea. 

Arrived around 10 am and Nancy wasn't there yet. She forgot she told me 10 but told mom 11. They were making Rosettes today. So, I helped with that. Got the batter going, worked on getting the rosettes to come off the irons. We finally figured it out. Then Debbie called saying she was done sooner than she thought she would be. 

I spend 2 hours with mom and Nancy. When I had to leave, mom said she hadn't seen much of me and wished I'd stay longer. She's been pulling that card for the past 2 weeks. She wasn't happy that I went to Vegas and didn't call her while we were gone. So, she pulling that card - you haven't called in awhile and I tried to reach you with no answer. Funny thing about all that is that she doesn't realize my phone tells me when she's called and she didn't call me for 2 weeks. 

Got to the museum. We unloaded 10 quilts and added the pillow cases to the quilts. Debbie and I changed the date in May for QOV since she's going to be gone and I really didn't want to do the 2nd week of May. It all worked out. We talked about all the quilts and making sure we have enough for the next 2 presentations. 

Came home around 2. Then while Patrick was watching TV (the old Love Boat and Odd Couple shows), I worked on the certificates for QOV in January. Then I cleaned up my "in box" and got rid of a lot of stuff. I cleaned up the leather bag my cousin gave me that I use for QOV stuff. I organized both. Now I can give it to Debbie to handle anything she needs to for January. Since I'm getting surgery next week, I felt she better have everything she needs to help her out. 

My next step was to get to work on Patrick's sugar cookies. 


He's been bugging me to make them for him. So, I got a good 2 1/2 dozen done for him. He had a meeting tonight so he didn't help me at all this time. He just wanted round cookies. Since it's just the 2 of us till this weekend, I went ahead and did what he wanted. Even though he's coming down with a cold. I just pray I don't get it. 

My sister-in-law had her surgery today. We heard she was out of surgery but haven't heard anything else. We will wait till tomorrow before Patrick will ask how she's doing and what came out of it. Praying she came out of it with good news. I hope she has her hearing after all this. 

My day was busy. Tomorrow will be busy as well. It's one of those days that made it hard to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...