Friday, November 24, 2023

Black Friday - Not My Thing

 This morning I was up with Patrick. He headed off to golfing around 9:30 am since he would have to wait till around 10 am to go out. The frost hit last night, so they had to wait. I got a text around 11 saying he was still waiting. 

While I was walking, mom and Debbie called me. It was fun because I went through my walking so fast it didn't seem to bother me. I love to have someone to talk to while walking. Trouble is Ron is in CA right now. Debbie was picking me up a tea before we headed out to Toledo to check out a fabric garage sale. 

I got a text from Debbie on my last round to let me know she was heading home. I got in the house and worked on a couple things before heading out there. I reached her house as she was unloading her car. Loved it that she had my tea for me. I decided to drive since she is always driving. We went down Jackson Hwy. It went fast. 

We arrived at the garage sale to find Val sitting there taking in the money and cracking walnuts. lol We chatted for a while. Debbie pretty much wanted to see what the gal was looking for in quilters and why. We were told it was for Linus. That made Debbie happy. She thought the gal was trying to get a QOV group down there. It was the same gal that was looking for a group in Winlock a while back. She doesn't talk to highly about QOV. I think that's because I made a big "stink" about another group so close. And Connie did too. I bought about $12 worth of fabric, just to help her out. The money goes to Linus and I support any group that wants to help others. 

Came home and tried to watch TV but had no interest in it. Listened to my book and worked on my beading. I also trimmed a quilt for mom to have the binding put on. 

I thought I had this set done! I found that it needed to be finished and finished it. I could have sworn I had it finished. 

This is the last one in the group. I have this panel and one more to do. I could have finished it but was trying to play my game at the same time. lol 

Patrick and I worked on Christmas gifts today. We ordered a lot of them online. It goes fast when one has lists of things they want. I still give them both something they don't expect. I'm going to give Katt some money when we get to Vegas. That should be a surprise. I still need to go to the dollar store and get some thank you cards. I will pick up a card for her for the heck of it. 

Life is good. I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes. I don't feel bad about having cancer. I don't worry about it much. But like everything I don't know, my brain starts thinking....Yeah, we all know that's not a good thing for me!! And yet, I do. Sometimes I think it will be worse than it is. Other times I think it will be quick and easy and I'll bounce back fast. Then I think, "What if there is more than they thought?" And it goes on and on and on. I have to tell myself to stop it and move on. There are other things more important to worry about. Plus, I'm lucky, I know of people who have had it worse than me. I know my Aunt wasn't so fortunate with her cancer. She gave up after the second time. I'm not going to give up - at least I hope I'm not. Back 40 years ago, breast cancer was a death sentence. Today, it's survivable. I can do this, and I will do this. Life will go on, and I play to stick around for a long time. 

At least today was a good day to set and enjoy being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...