Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Trip To Tacoma


 I was up a little early. Then I worked on my exercises and took my walk. When I got back in the house it was time to head to Tacoma. Traffic was okay. Busy but not much in the way of stop and go. We were about 20 minutes earlier than they wanted us to be. 

I had to have a biopsy on my right breast. They don't think it's cancer but just wanted to be sure. So, we waited. The longer I waited the more my brain was going off in different ways. The nurse told me what they would be doing. It was not going to be done with the ultrasound, like more are. The ultrasound didn't show where it was. So, they did it through the mammography. It was interesting. I sat in a chair and didn't have to do anything. They did it all. I just had to sit there while the doctor took the sample. 

Okay, we all know me! We all know that if a needle is involved, I'm not accountable for my actions! After it was all over and the nurse talked to me the whole time while I looked at her, I decided I needed to lay down. I was about ready to meet the floor, but she saw that I was turning white and we waited. After I finally got my act together, we took 2 more photos of my boob. I went out to the waiting room where Patrick was. I was just glad it wasn't very long, but not something I want to repeat. I should know in about 3 days the results. I will let mom know tomorrow that I had this done. I didn't want too many people knowing about today. 

We stopped at Spaghetti Factory for supper. It was pretty good. We enjoyed the meal and headed home. Of course, the traffic was bad on the way home. It took a little longer getting through Tacoma and Olympia. I don't know how our neighbor can commute every day! 

The only thing I did today was before we left. I started the last panel of the ornament. I was able to get 10 rows done before I decided I needed to get working on my exercises. My tablet was out of juice, so I had to plug it in. Yes, I plugged it in last night, but I didn't check to see if the cord was plugged in. So, of course the tablet was off because there wasn't any power. So, even though I didn't do much - I'm going to say, today I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting. 

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...