Monday, November 6, 2023

Cancelled Embroidery Today

 Due to Sandy's grandson passing yesterday and me needing to be in 3 different places, we cancelled our embroidery meeting. I really wasn't in the mood to do embroidery today anyway. 

I headed over to Connie's instead and gave her 2 quilts to quilt. I also gave her one that needed the binding on and told her we needed it asap. We chatted for a while and I told her what was going on with my cancer. She said she would work with Debbie when it came to QOV and we would be fine. I am trying to get everything done that I can. 

Then I headed over to moms. I picked up another quilt that was done and put it in the car. I forgot to give mom the binding fabric that goes with one of the quilts she has. I will do that tomorrow. We set up her "airwave" or something like that. It's a machine that has a vest. When you turn it on, it shakes your chest so that it loosens up the mucus in the lungs. That way it will loosen up and release through coughing. We hope it will help mom with her voice since the lungs are her problem. We worked on her having 30 minutes of the shaking. This machine you had to push the button every 5 minutes on and off. So, for about an hour we worked on her getting shaked. It was funny listening to her in this vest!

I then came home because I needed to be home for Jeannie to drop of the 2 quilts she did for us. I asked if she would be willing to do more and she said she would. I need to trim them and get them ready for mom or Debbie to do the binding on them. Not in a big hurry. I really like Jeannie. She did say they found out her husband has prostate cancer yesterday. So, they are having to deal with that. I guess right now I can feel pretty lucky, because she said it wasn't looking good. But then again, she was stage 4 cancer a few years ago and is fine now. I didn't ask what she had. Worried she'd say breast cancer. 

Patrick had me watch the videos that Kaiser sent for me to watch. I did get emotional as they were describing what I would be going through. They had all forms of cancer but wanted me to know what I could expect or not expect. It was informative and interesting but not what I wanted to see right now. Still in "lala" land. Tomorrow will probably wake me up!

I then got to work on the labels for the 2 quilts I brought home. I will drop them off tomorrow at the museum when I pick up the quilt to take to Cindy. 


Victoria Parrott made this one. The quilting in it is pretty good. I really like this one. 


This is one of JoAnn's quilts. She did at least 3 of these if not 4. They all turned out great. They were scraps that we had. It worked out great. May have mom do more of this pattern for her. OR I will try and find another pattern for her and have mom cut the fabrics. 

All's good, I'm just starting to get nervous, but I can do this. We were asked to go to Thanksgiving dinner at my niece's in Vancouver, so I had to tell her it depends on how this turns out. In the meantime, I plan to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...