Friday, November 10, 2023

We Made The Paper Today!

 This morning started out with heading to Connie's to get the quilt I need for tomorrow's presentation. Then off to moms for our meeting. Of course, mom had to mention "your news" to everyone. I told her I really didn't want it spread. We had a disagreement about it, but I told her since she mentioned it to everyone, she might as well tell them. She said some of it, and I told the rest. I really didn't want that conversation. 

I worked on putting the label on the quilt for tomorrow. We now have 5 panel quilts for the veterans. That was what I was hoping for! I did notice Nancy was working on a panel one that we could have used as well. But Nancy has a hard time getting them done as quick as she used to. I'm okay with that. 


 After the meeting I headed to the Health Store to get some Almond flour. It was about the same price as Safeway, but theirs looked a little better. Still expensive. Came home to finish the quilt. Now it's ready. On my way home, I received some messages from Kaiser on surgery dates. The first date is when we will be gone, so said no. The second date is now scheduled for December 28, which happens to be Patrick's 3rd year anniversary of his cancer. Funny how things work out. 

I baked some carrot muffins for breakfasts. I didn't have the sweetener that it called for. So, I added about 3 tablespoons of sugar - didn't need the sugar. When it was done, it was "okay" but not real tasty. It needed more spices in it. I will fix it next time and change it a little. 

Patrick showed me the paper. Our QOV group was in the Centralia Chronicle. It turned out really well. I like what he did. It's nice to be in the paper about once a year. It really does help us out. It's been great!

I then decided to get to work on my beading. 

I finished the 4th set of angels. Now I am ready to start on the LAST set. Mom is not getting one this year. 

The tubes of beads in this photo are the ones I will use in the 5th set of angels. This is a photo of the bracelet I fixed for Debbie. She had given it back to me to shorten it, and I finally got it done. Told her to remind me to give it to her tomorrow. 

My day was busy. I'm now just waiting for surgery, which I am okay with. I can spend the Vegas trip with my daughter and sister-in-law (hubby too), without worrying about having to have radiation. Life works itself out. And I can still be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...