Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Quilting & Beading Today

 This morning I enjoyed sleeping in. Patrick slept in longer than me. lol He was going golfing around 11 am today. As for me, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. 

After he was up and moving, I went downstairs to get the heater going. I decided I would spend a couple hours down there to work on the quilt on the wall. 

I had my ideas on the wall. I needed to work on how I was going to do this. So, I started sewing the blocks together. I also sewed a few of the bag of blocks that Connie gave me, together. I did that in-between sewing the bigger blocks. I was happy working on it today. I even sewed the white around the center piece. Then I got to work on getting the blocks together. I found that it wouldn't line up with the cabin blocks, so I had to move blocks around to get it so it would work for me. 

But first I wanted lunch. lol 

I fried some brown mushrooms and toasted the inside of my "flaky bread" (can't spell it). Then I added Swiss cheese to it and broiled that to melt the cheese. Once that was done, I added my avocado. which tasted so good! It was just something I wanted to do to use up some of my mushrooms. I was surprised at how good it was! 

Then I went back down and worked on my quilt. 

I like the way it looks. I will have to add a strip of blue on the side to get the inside panel to fit. I want the white around the panel and at this rate it won't be on the top and bottom parts. So, I will add a little strip of binding to fit in there and make it the right size. I have the three big blocks on top and bottom sewn together. It's all the single blocks on the sides that needs to be done. Then I can add the border in the same white (only about an inch and a half) to the outside. Then I can get it to Connie to quilt. Of course, once this is done, another panel goes up to be worked on. 

Around 3 pm I called it quits and came upstairs. I wanted to work on my ornament. It really, really needs to get done so I can mail one of them out to my nephew's family. 

I was able to get a third of this panel done. I need to work on it tomorrow to finish it. I'm also waiting on some beads to come in that I want to work into the ornament. That will keep me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...