Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Where is "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie" when you need them??

I was thinking about Elizabeth Montgomery while I was cutting fabrics and wrapping the board! I remember as a child, I thought it would be AWESOME if I could twitch my noise or fold my hands and fix everything! The joys of television!



Sunday night, just before bowling, we stopped off at Staples, so I could get a couple copies of this pattern. I'm going to do this as paper pieces and wanted a copy so I could use it for my template. I will take some tracing paper and put it behind the pattern, then use my sewing machine needle to draw my lines. This block is part of my "guilt wall" and is one of the blocks I still need to do. I also need to do the Carolina Lily block for the light blue quilt. The orange one is already done, minus the applique work I need to do.

Yesterday was a quiet day, I didn't do much of anything. I do believe I did one load of laundry, but that didn't get very far.


I started back to quilting this quilt. Just didn't seem to be "in the mood" to quilt. But I did get more stitches in, so that makes it a good day!


My 100 sheets of Comic book backing boards arrived yesterday, again, didn't get much done yesterday. I had that in the box till Patrick got home and opened up the two boxes we got. One was my new bread machine, because our last one died. 


I did add another butterfly to the quilt that was in the box. I didn't feel like quilting so I pulled the box out of my bag and started appliqueing. I noticed all the butterflies are pastel and I'm not a fan of pastel. I'm going to look for some more scraps and brighten it up a little. 


 I was able to get a second butterfly on, but it's missing the body. I'll probably do that here in a few minutes. I showed the Friday group the quilt, and they thought I should add some flowers in the quilt. I thought about that, and I'm thinking I'll have some "floating" flowers that will go with the butterflies. Maybe that will be where I brighten up the quilt a little. Like I said when I found it, I just put a butterfly on the sheet and appliqued it down. No rhyme or reason for this quilt. It's a "quilt as you go" kinda quilt. 


Today was another story, I actually did spend the morning downstairs in my quilt room. I pulled out my fat quarters, and started laying them out on the table. I wanted to group two fat quarters on one board. By doing this, I was saving space. I also wrapped bigger size fabrics on the boards. The yard cuts (up to two yard cuts) where put on the board by themselves. I liked this because it's like having the quilt shop in your own sewing room! I grouped the two fat quarters together by color. If they were close together in color, they went on the same board. 


This was after about a half hour of wrapping. I was happy with what I was getting. Now I just need to be ready to order more back boards! lol - Hard to believe how much fabric one person can collect!! This was when I was thinking about being able to twitch my noise and get it all done for me! I didn't think I would have to use more than 100 boards, but now after just doing a few, I'm thinking I'm going to need or order more. ugh  I do agree, it's easier to see what I have. 


This is where I finished with the fabrics. Still have a ton more to go. 


I then took the smaller pieces of fabrics that I had and cut them into squares. I got more larger squares then I got when I was doing the strips. 


Still ended up with more smaller fabrics for the box. At this rate, I'm going to need a couple more boxes before too long. I love this box, but I really don't know where to find them without having to pay an arm and a leg. This was a gift, so I'm betting it wasn't cheap!


This is the stack of fat quarters, where I put two fabrics on the same board. Funny how looking at them this way, it's hard to tell that is what I did. 


These are the fabrics that I had more than a yard of. If they went more than about two yards, I put them off to the side. Those will be used for bigger quilts later on. 

After doing all this organizing, I'll have to check and see what kind of scrap quilts I can make with all these squares OR better yet, give them away when quilters ask for squares! lol  I'm hoping to be back in the mood for quilting today! I need to get moving and finish that quilt! All my quilts are wearing out because its been about 7 years since I actually finished a quilt. In that time, I haven't replaced the ones that are on the beds. Plus my daughter took most of my quilts when she moved out. So, I need to get my rear in gear and get more quilts done. 

Best wishes, and hope everyone is Happy Quilting!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...