Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quiet Day....Enjoyable Day!


With the weather trying to decide if it's going to rain or let the sun shine through, I enjoyed the day at home. Funny how the older I get the more I like spending the day to myself. I did get a call from mom, saying she's going through more of her stuff, and chances are I'm going to be getting some of that stuff. Ugh, I think I have enough stuff at my house, and need to downsize not grow bigger.

I spend part of the day playing games, and doing laundry.

The other part of the day I enjoyed sitting here with Charlie, quilting.


I wanted to know how much I had done, so I put the quilt out on the floor and checked the quilting out.


You can see my feet lol - I didn't crop this, but should have. Anyway, this is what it was looking like. I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. I haven't had any problems with the basting so far, and thinking I'm more then willing to pay the $30 for basting on my next quilt.


This is an area where I have 6 blocks done. As you can see, I'm working on the one block. It's almost done, and with what I counted, I will have 12 blocks quilted, with 3 sashes done. Not bad.

I went downstairs and saw the mess. I'm not too thrilled having to figure out where all that stuff is going to go. I need to make a couple thread catchers for a friend but the room is so crowded right now, that I can get down there to do them. I'm hoping to do them this next week, as I'll be teaching the two groups how to make them. I made 4 the first time and gave 3 of them away. So, I need to make a few more. Chances are I will be giving them away as well. Oh, well.

Things are looking up and I'm still working on being Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...