Friday, October 10, 2014

Day of Quilting

Today was quilting at mom's house. About 8 of us showed up for quilting. Mom was giving away some of her patterns that she collected over the years. She got them over the years from magazines and classes. I went through them yesterday and found old patterns from my grandmother. So, I want to get a hold of the Kansas pattern and see what some of those patterns are supposed to look like. Grandmother had cut out patterns from papers and magazines. I'll check on them to see what she was working on. One was by a Mrs. E. B. Baker. Baker is a name in my family history but that goes back 4 generations. Wonder if that is related to my 3rd great grandmother.


Ethel showed her Double Wedding Ring quilt that she's working. She's got the borders to do and then she's done. This is really pretty! She got it from a kit.


Mom brought out her DWR that she started 20 years ago in a class by Flynn. Can't remember Flynn's fist name, but I know a lot of quilters will remember it.

I was able to get another block done on the quilting. I now have 10 blocks quilted. Mom found the stencils that we were going to use on the quilt. I forgot to bring them home, so will pick them up tomorrow. Mom's closer to getting ready for her new quilt room. I need to clean out the desk in the computer room to move the roll top desk into the room.

Received word today, that my sister-in-law lost her father today. Prayers are going their way. It just hasn't been a good year for family and friends.

In the mean time, I'm still Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...