Friday, October 3, 2014

Quilting with Mom

This morning was a slow starting morning. I enjoyed sleeping a little longer, and then playing some games. By 9 am I showered and started getting everything ready to head over to mom's to quilt. I was at their house by 10 am. We walked around the block, then came back to quilt.


Mom was quilting there on the right, and I was quilting on the left. You can see her shoe ad part of her in the photo. We put the TV tray between us for the thread. It worked out great. Reminded me of the older quilters that got together as Quilting Bees to quilt on a quilt. We were able to get up to 7 blocks done.


I had to take photos of mom's quilts. The second one down is the quilt that mom put together which were my 2nd great grandmother's blocks. She did the 4th one, starting it when she was 8 years old. She finished it in the last two years. We found the pieces and the pattern in a box when we were moving them out of the house.  The 3rd one is one of Nancy Chongs patterns. It's really pretty.


The one on top was a kit that my grandmother (her mother) started called the Tree of Life. I remember grandmother working on it when I was in High School. The second one was done while I was in High School. The one on the bottom was finished in the last few years, but she had worked on that a good 5-10 years. She would take the applique with her when she came to visit us in Pullman, and when she traveled. I often asked how far she had gotten on it.

I was looking for their cat, when I thought about taking a photo of the quilts. One of these days I would love to have a latter with all my quilts as well. My quilts disappeared with my daughter, so I have a long way to go to be where I was with all my quilts. I have a lot away as well. I was surprised to see the wall hanging I gave my brother and sister-in-law when Katt was little. They still have it hanging on the wall. So, I may do them up another quilt since they care for what I do.

I just love seeing quilts and love the way it makes me feel Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...