Tuesday, December 9, 2014

One Party Down

Today was our Christmas Party with the Mt. St. Helens group. It turned out pretty good. I did win one "Quilto" game and I did the gift exchange.

Yesterday I worked on the block for the exchange. I didn't win the blocks, but my dad's cousin's ex-wife did. So, I guess you can say it was in the family.


I designed the block, so it had a few more pieces then I realized. That's okay, because it still got done. It took me a little longer than I hoped, but I'm not complaining.


The ribbon,  I think I would do a little differently next time. The "bow tie" area doesn't show and I think I would rather do the background color on the "bow tie" area.


This was the end result. It's not perfect, but it turned out better than I expected. There really wasn't room to lower the one ball more. I would piece the "top" of the ball first on the bottom ornament, then put the top ornament over it. As they say, "You live and learn."

I'm not having much luck with the medications the doctor gave me for my stomach. It really isn't working, other than to give me 5 lbs (that I lost) back. I'm ticked. I called the nurse and left a message, just hope she calls me back. I'm not liking being out of breath and gaining weight.

I need to get moving on my gifts for the Thursday group that is meeting on Friday. I also need to do a block for that group, and may do something different then the balls. I have to use a beige fabric and not sure I have that.

As much as I like making blocks for these groups, it's really funny how the only blocks I win are the ones that I don't want. The ones I'd love to have are the ones someone else gets. Too funny!

I'm still working on my shoulder, and I have a doctors appointment on Monday. Funny how one makes an appointment with the doctor and then the shoulder starts to feel better! It would be awesome if I could cancel the appointment, so I would have to get a shot in the arm, but I'm not THAT lucky.

I will try and quilt tonight, or I may be working on my gifts for the next gift exchange. One of the gifts I ordered hasn't arrived yet, and I ordered it on the 1st from "Quilt in a Day." Never did get a notice it was shipped, so I'm hoping it will show up soon. If not, I will have to put the drawing with the gift and tell them it is coming.

In the meantime, I will be trying to behave and give a day or two before posting here. I have gotten so used to posting every day that it's driving me nuts not to be able to post. In the meantime, I am trying to be Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...